FirstOntario Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Ontario. We are a trusted co-operative financial intuition dedicated to providing competitive banking products and services and a quality Member service. More than 118,000 Ontarians choose FirstOntario for their financial needs – from chequing and savings accounts to loans and mortgages and highly qualified investment advice. Our Membership does more than save you money on fees, it also makes you an Owner. At FirstOntario, we believe the best way to ensure our success is by supporting the communities we serve. That’s why our policies include volunteering our time, talent and resources to worthy local causes and events. It’s also why we reinvest our profits in the same places they’re earned, and why we sponsor programs that promote financial literacy and economic development.
The IT Security Analyst performs the day-to-day operations of the current security solutions as well as identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those solutions.
In the role, you will…
- Be involved in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures
- Conduct vulnerability audits and assessments and participate in investigations, design and execution of vulnerability assessments
- Monitor computer networks and systems for security issues, penetration tests, security audits and document any security issues or breaches, in line with the enterprise’s security goals as established by FirstOntario’s policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture and the Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security
- Participate in the deployment, integration and configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
- Maintain up-to-date baselines and review logs for the secure configuration and operations of all current devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.)
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines
- Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions
- Consider health & safety as a primary concern for self and others
- Perform other duties as assigned
Within your skills and qualifications, you will…
- Possess a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Technology and least four to six (4-6) years of experience in a role focused on IT security
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Information Security Professional (GISP), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, CAP, CISA, CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CISM, Associate of (ISC)2
- Experience with SEIM, Firewalls & data classification is required
- Sound experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR), CASB, IDPS and other security related concepts is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of security frameworks or standards such as CIS Top 20, NIST and ISO 27001
- Experience with Varonis DatAdvantage and DatAlert considered an asset
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere, vCenter and ESXI considered an asset
- Working technical knowledge of system vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols
- Strong understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with core banking system related security, Temenos knowledge considered an asset
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required
- Ability to present technical concepts and ideas to non-technical staff and management
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Be naturally innovative and forward thinking when problem solving
- Be analytical and overly detailed oriented when dealing with technical support issues and IT projects
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Be aware of and mitigate enterprise risk factors and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, legislation and FirstOntario policies and procedures
- Willingness to travel on occasion as required
Our emphasis on service means we’re constantly searching for new team members whose dedication to helping people is as powerful as their ambition to succeed. We’re committed to providing professional development, and to extending employee activities beyond day-to-day operations to support the communities where we’re located. Our people are the difference, it’s a part of why we love coming to work.
If this sparks your interest and you demonstrate high levels of integrity and credibility, we should talk. Check out our website for the full job description and prepare your cover letter and resume listing your experience, qualifications, and submit it online through our careers page on the company website.
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. No phone calls please.
FirstOntario Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Information Security: 3 years (Required)