UX Designer (New Grad/Entry Level)
Who we are:
Focus21 builds data-driven platforms with purpose, ones that can expand and grow with a company while generating value from their data. Our platforms are custom built for our clients to help improve their internal processes. Everyone is responsible for ensuring high-quality deliverables and are dedicated to the art and science of successful delivery.
What would UX designer do at Focus21?
We are looking for a UX designer to join our growing team. As a UX designer, you’ll be making design decisions that will directly impact the project that you are working on. You’ll use your full range of skills from UX design, interaction design, and visual design to build meaningful experiences for the entire development process, from ideation to launch.
You’ll team up with our talented team members composed of UX designers, full-stack developers, and data analysts to design and build digital solutions for a variety of clients. We work very closely with our clients so that they are also a part of our team when we form a scrum team to start a project. An ideal candidate would be a quick learner, a team player and a self-starter who wants to jump in and collaborate with every sprint.
You get to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. Responsibilities will focus on problem solving and execution of high-quality UI designs, but can span to include the following (based on skills and interest):
- Bringing screens to life from low-fidelity workflows and wireframes to high-fidelity designs in Figma
- Building interactive prototypes using Figma, or other tools as needed
- Involvement in user research to explore, uncover and analyze end-user requirements during field studies, interviews, etc.
- Communicate with clients and receive design feedback as part of the iterative process
- Portfolio demonstrating your UX skills and design process
- CV to show us your experiences and accomplishments. Please format the file name to [first name, last name CV] in PDF format
- Ability to breakdown complicated problems into simple and sophisticated solutions
- Keep awareness of the overall experience strategy while remembering the details that make a good user experience, great
- Create visually appealing and intuitive wireframes, prototypes and mockups with a deep understanding of the visual/design foundation such as composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Measure and present actual UX outcomes using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions
- Conduct usability testings, synthesize the insights and apply in designs
- Comfortable with conducting UX research and create reports
- Familiar with writing micro and macro UX copy
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- 0-2 years of UX design industry experience
- A self-starter/initiative person who actively seeks ways to make the customer experience both visually appealing and easy to use
- The flexibility to adapt with new insight and feedbacks
- A creative obsession with understanding the customer’s pain points and why (customer focused)
- Positive energy to collaborate in a rapid, iterative environment
- A dynamic perspective to anticipate and design for variables that could negatively affect the desired experience
- Confident to ask questions and the communication skills to propose an idea
- An ability to align your work style to the principles and process of Agile Software Development (Lean UX)
Bonus points if:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
What Focus21 offers:
- Group benefits, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Programs
- Casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Close to transit, including bus stops and the new LRT stop
- Free coffee/tea at the office
- Open concept environment (cubical free) with the flexibility to work from other spaces as needed
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects for different industries and technologies - every day brings something new
- A growing team with diverse skills and talents
At Focus21, we value everyone’s opinion equally and we operate under a flat structure with a minimal hierarchy to support that. We are looking for team members with an entrepreneurial mindset who will thrive in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Focus21 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year