Will report to the Day Care Supervisor. Ensure that children enrolled within the SCFN Daycare Program are well cared for. The Daycare Primary Support Worker will be responsible for caring for young children. He/she must ensure the development and safety of these children in accordance with relevant federal, territorial and Band legislation, policies and procedures. The Daycare Primary Support Worker will ensure that staff are respectful of children and parents. Also, the Primary Support worker will make sure that the equipment and facility are clean, safe and well maintained.
- Applicant must have and provide a Level 2 or Level 3 Child Care Staff Certification under the Alberta Child Care Licensing Regulation
- Level 1 Certification may be considered if there is previous work experience in Child Care Environment/Setting
- Must provide an updated St. John Ambulance First Aid Certificate and Infant CPR.
- Must have previous experience in planning and developing early learning activities for younger children
- Child program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work well with all age groups, individually or in a group setting.
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and self-motivational skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skulls
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Good physical and mental health is required in a childcare environment when working with younger children
- Childcare First Aid Certificate required.
- Must provide a criminal record (CPIC) check and Child Welfare Information Systems (CWIS) check, as required.(before the interview)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and submit a driver’s abstract. (before the interview)
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture and traditions is an asset.
- Oath of Confidentiality must be signed prior to commencing employment.
It is essential that the applicant provides all necessary documents with their resume.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 30, 2019
Late applications will not be considered – Only qualified applicants will be notified for an interview:
Mail to: Attention: Deborah Willier
SCFN Fax: 780-523-3111
Enilda, Alberta Drop off at the Office
Job Type: Full-time