As the steward of our customer's first impression of Brookfield Residential, the Online Sales Specialist connects with inquiring customers in a timely manner and provides information and guidance to them with the ultimate goal of booking an appointment at one of our community presentation centres. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Online Sales Specialist is a key member of both the Sales & Marketing teams and is accountable for prospecting from our current database and generating and nurturing new leads from events and campaigns via phone, and digital sources.
Daily monitoring and responding to online customer inquiries and management of them through Sales Force, HubSpot and Outlook is required. In addition, this role aids in setting expectations with our customer and educating them about Brookfield Residential, our offering and processes. As well, this role is essential in ensuring an effective digital marketing program and sales & marketing feedback loop. Weekly performance monitoring and reporting to ensure we are fine tuning our program is essential. The ultimate goal of this role is to provide a seamless journey for our customer and to increase conversion of leads to sale.
Require evening and weekend work.
Your Key Deliverables
- Lead Generation
- Partner with marketing team on ensuring digital advertising strategy and tactics are generating adequate leads for follow up
- Monitor and report on digital advertising and lead generation channels and campaign performance for the purpose of improving the sales and marketing funnel
- Prospecting & Lead Nurturing
- Utilize e-mail, phone, text, video and other technology to make connections with potential homebuyers. Collect, enter and maintain contact data in Sales Force.
- Booking and scheduling appointments in cooperation with our sales teams
- Video calling with prospects/model home visitors calling during unattended access showings
- Online correspondence through video email, live chat, text, email, Facebook messenger etc.
- Communicate online with prospects. Respond to new leads, execute follow up to nurture leads in a timely manner (in real time) as outlined in the Online Sales Training.
- Field incoming contact from phone, website, email, prospects, realtors etc.
- Develop lead workflows in HubSpot in cooperation with digital marketing to re-engage prospects and target segmented groups
- Promote new Community and Homes offerings prior to opening, and build interest list and urgency.
- Support onsite sales teams in presale and post event follow up campaigns (including prospects and realtors) as needed
- Update Sales Force and HubSpot daily to ensure all interaction history is noted, lists are properly segmented, and appointment preparation is complete
- Qualifying customers and Customer transitioning
- Serve as the online sales channel expert and set appointments for Community Managers.
- Identify prospect needs for qualification (the target monthly payment or price, lifestyle, family situation, home size, time frame, location and emotional hot buttons). Identify what stage they are at obtaining financing if required.
- Obtain phone number, other contact information and set up appointments with onsite Sales Team.
- Work closely with onsite sales team to communicate customers' story/needs and hand off smoothly and record in Sales Force. Build and maintain a good relationship with onsite team to facilitate a smoother transition for customers from online to onsite.
- Provide preliminary collateral and marketing/informational material that moves the customer to the next step in the process
- Company Representation
- Working with our Sales and Marketing Manager to ensure the company is properly represented and marketed online (auditing and editing);
- Work with IT and marketing and notify them if you see incorrect or incomplete information on website or any issues with CRM or develop new processes and system functions to facilitate role.
- Work with Marketing, Communications and Sales Management team when potential or actual customer concerns are identified. An integral part of customer recovery and/or promoting advocacy.
- Visit each sales centre monthly and spend time onsite with sales teams ensuring best practises are reinforced and product knowledge is refreshed
- Marketing and Product Knowledge
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the online channels and digital strategies at play as they pertain to BRP's marketing program and customer feedback loop
- Maintain understanding of all communities, product, promotion and relevant sales information and Value Proposition.
- Meet weekly with sales and marketing and review, evaluate and discuss current and future lead generation strategies to ensure lead quotas are being met
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, with dedication and passion to creating the best customer experience.
- Self motivated and consistent performer
- Sales or Marketing experience is an asset
- New Home experience is an asset
- Sales Force & HubSpot experience is an asset
- Digitally savvy, including active and professional customer facing user of social media or instant messaging programs
Nice to Haves
- Post secondary education preferred
- Familiarity with e-commerce sales tactics, strategies, and policies preferred.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- RRSP program
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the building of well-designed homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.
Brookfield Residential will ensure special accommodations are made for persons with disabilities, as requested, during the selection process. Accessible formats of this document available free upon request.