At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers, and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Highly competitive wages
- Clean working environment
- Up to date equipment
- Paid health and dental plan
We are always looking for Apprentice Autobody Refinishing Technicians to join our growing team. You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience by completing the work required to restore vehicle to “like new” condition so the team can reunite clients with their vehicles. Reporting to the Collision Centre Manager, mentored by Journeymen Autobody Refinishing Technicians you will work with the greater collision centre team to refinish vehicles.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and be mentored, coached and trained by our experienced Journeyperson’s and associates within the Collison Centre.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review damage reports, prepare and review repair cost estimates and plan work to be performed.
- Perform quality repairs on a variety of vehicles.
- Remove and install bolt-on components (such as hoods, deck lids, fenders, doors) and interior components
- Mask and tape, prime and paint body surfaces, using tools such as paint spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Match the correct paint required for the vehicle and apply pain and top coats with accuracy
- When required, paint repaired motor vehicle body parts, following recommended application techniques and the company’s quality guidelines.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches.
- Identify the family and properties of the plastic used on a vehicle to repair accordingly.
- Sand body areas to be painted.
- Fit and weld body damage using wrenches and welding equipment.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper completion of work, dimensional accuracy, and overall appearance of paint job.
- Replace damaged glass on vehicles.
- Monitor and take part of active cleanliness of shop and equipment.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Journeyman Autobody Apprentice, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year.
- Working towards the completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses.
- Some knowledge of manufacturers' repair/refinishing processes & adherence to processes
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Knowledge of and the ability to operate machinery and tools required to complete repairs.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and using to use power and hand-held equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
- Open to continuous learning and development.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.