Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is seeking a part-time (possible increase to full-time) Bookkeeping/Accounting Clerk to join our Finance Team and work with people across the organization on accounting, payroll, and human resource (HR) matters. You will be responsible for Accounts Receivable, Account reconciliation, Funder financial claims, assisting with payroll, accounts payable, monthly financial statements, in a professional and timely manner with confidentiality, attention to accuracy, and effective communication.
Accounts Receivable, Account reconciliation, Financial Statements, General Ledger Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, and Accounting Functions:
Perform and manage Accounts Receivable, invoicing, monthly funder/tenant/customer account reconciliations, administer pre-authorized debits, process timely EFT file release
· Manage and reference funding contracts to A/R invoicing, monitoring funder receivables
· Ensure proper payment controls, follow internal accounting controls and policies, before A/R, A/P are processed
· Monitor and record customer payments made manually or on-line; Prepare bank deposits; Maintaining post-dated cheques
· Manage and prepare annual tax receipts
· Perform Accounts Payable, invoicing review, monthly vendor account reviews, timely payment processing
· Perform monthly and year-end sub-ledger/balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple departments.
· Assist with and prepare, review, analyse and distribute monthly and year-end financial statements.
· Prepare and record monthly journal entries from source documents, reconcile General Ledgers (GLs), and generate applicable reports.
· Perform monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
· Complete and review credit card account reconciliation
· Calculate government remittances including EHT, GST rebates, and Work Safe BC premiums.
· Assist with annual budget preparations and account code maintenance.
· Collaborate with other members of the Finance team, Directors, and Coordinators.
Funder Financial Claims and Financial Reporting:
· Prepare monthly, bi-annual, and annual program funder financial claims and preparing other related reports within deadlines established.
· Complete monthly financial funder claims with advanced Excel skills.
· Prepare contract and funder financial reports within contract guidelines and budgets using accounting reports to complete financial claims.
Payroll Processing & Benefits Administration/HR functions:
· Assist in the full-cycle processing of accurate, timely bi-weekly payroll, including problem solving and analysis of timecards in line with statutory requirements and established organizational policies and procedures.
· Assist with time tracking per established staff work time policies including, sick and vacation time and accrual tracking, personal leaves, work injury, and other.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Minimum two years of recent, related experience and training, preferably within a non-profit multicultural environment.
· Completion of bookkeeping and accounting and payroll courses
· Sound knowledge of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the work, including provincial employment laws.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to learn data entry and verification procedures along with processing financial information with speed and accuracy.
Ability to effectively and efficiently managing multiple projects under pressure, including completing unscheduled tasks while also meeting existing deadlines. Demonstrated organizational skills and capacity to prioritize. Able to coordinate promptly with others. Punctual and accountable
-Experience working with confidential information
-Willingness to learn, always looking to refine and improve processes
-Thoughtful and critical thinking skills, with sound judgement and initiative, and analysis
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
-Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including demonstrated intermediate level Excel skills. Experience with ADP payroll software and Sage accounting software. Experience with ADP WorkForce Now and Sage 300 a strong asset.
-Confidentiality, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- A Self-starter, with ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
-Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
-Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete number of tasks simultaneously for multiple management staff
-Take initiative, adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
Compensation: This is a 28 hour/week with possible increase to 35 hour/week, opportunity that pays $42,000-52,500/year + comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to to the attention of Vivian Lew, Director of Finance, with Bookkeeping/Accounting Clerk in the subject line by 4:30pm on June 8th, 2022 . We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Kiwassa grows a welcoming and inclusive community in the vibrant Hastings-Sunrise and Grandview-Woodlands neighbourhoods of East Vancouver, located on the traditional, unceded and occupied territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $42,000.00-$52,500.00 per year
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees and the community. Subject to legal exemptions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for this role prior to starting employment.
Application deadline: 2022-06-06