UPS is currently looking for Preloaders to work from the Kamloops Package Center.
- Position Title: Preloader
- Position Type: Permanent Part-time
- Work Hours: 5*: 00AM - 8:30AM* (based on operational requirement)*
- Workdays: Monday to Friday*
- Location: 1845 Kryczka Place, Kamloops
*Scheduled shifts are based on operational requirements*
Preloaders will be working in a warehouse environment where there will be various room temperature. This is considered a physically demanding position. The Preloaders are responsible for the following duties:
- Loading, unloading, sorting, and scanning of packages that comes into the center.
- Lifting, lowering and sliding packages weighing between 10lbs to 70lbs.
- Working close to conveyor and roller belts, inside package cars and air canisters.
- Reading addresses, postal codes and identifying dangerous good packages.
Qualifications and Skills
- Available to work Monday to Friday*
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment with various climatic conditions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up between 10lbs up to 70lbs (32kg) unassisted;
- Willingness to work in accordance to a prescribe method for safety and compliance.
All candidates must go through series of interviews, background and reference checks.
What we offer:
- Tuition Reimbursement: up to $2000/per semester for your tuition and registration fees
- Training and Development: training provided for all positions
- Weekly compensation: weekly pay, effective starting rate of $12.65/hr
- Guaranteed wage progression: guaranteed wage progression with a guaranteed top rate
- Generous benefits package: MSP coverage, extended health, dental and pension plan
- Promotion from within: lots of room for career advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee discounts: employee discounts available online through UPSers
How To Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume through e-mail upsjobsbc@ ups.com or through fax to: (604)295 - 3566.
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
*Conditions will apply
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.65 /hour