Senior Project Coordinator
The Senior Project Coordinator works across the organization to ensure the successful management, implementation and tracking of organizational priorities and projects. This role prepares monthly reports on corporate and project results, outcomes and KPIs, while also assisting with project budget reconciliation. The senior project coordinator provides regular updates to ICTC executives in relation to their projects and cross-organizational needs. He/she also follows up on tasks and action items as necessary, and provides updates on relevant changes or risks, and proactively seek opportunities for improvements. Lastly, the senior project coordinator provides guidance and assistance to other project coordinators / administrators where required. This role will require a strong sense of initiative, organization and self-motivation. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tracks project plans, timelines, activities, outputs, and deadlines. This will be done to ensure that all deliverables are completed on-time and within scope. Relevant updates or changes will be captured in Wrike.
- Tracks KPIs, and produces outcome reports across projects on a monthly basis. Runs KPIs reports in Wrike and regularly updates executive team leads.
- Identifies, tracks and reports on potential risks and their associated impacts.
- Supports various financial aspects of projects including budget forecasting, planning, travel, administration, and reconciliation. (This support will vary with the # and scope of various projects).
- Provides coaching advice to other project coordinators or administrators, helping to identify areas of improvement while offering guidance on best practices.
- Creates a process to effectively manage and capture in-kind contributions.
- Performs quality assurance for quotes, etc. and helps to establish efficiencies in ICTC processes.
- Other corporate support tasks as required
Essential Knowledge & Competencies
- Experience working in a project-based environment.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, with the ability to understand the root of “problems” and identify potential solutions.
- Strong knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
- Experience with project management software like Wrike, Asana, Microsoft Project
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in project budget planning and reconciliation Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative on current and future tasks.
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple moving pieces.
- High attention to detail, with strong project and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and communicate relevant information clearly and accurately.
- Experience working with government contribution and private sector contracts.
- Interest in technology or the technology sector.
- Creativity, out of the box thinking, and strong leadership skills.
- Experience with Salesforce
Education & Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Education degree or diploma with specialization in relevant fields; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- PMP certification.
Culture & Values
- Dependability — This role requires a high degree of reliability, organization and accountability, in order to meet project/funder deliverable requirements.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — This role requires being open to change, shifting requirements, feedback and possessing the ability to work with remote teams across Canada.
- Integrity — Often working with confidential information, this role requires a high level of ethical compliance and sound judgement/confidentiality.
- Drive/creativity — This role requires a strong capacity for self-motivation, initiative, and creativity in the face of obstacles.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- relevant work: 3 years (Required)