Audience Services Coordinator
PRISMA is a classical music festival and summer academy for pre-professional orchestra students and enthusiastic audiences that runs for two weeks, every June, in Powell River, BC. With a dedicated team of staff, volunteers and a professional board, PRISMA promotes inclusivity, diversity, creativity and opportunity for all through the universal language of music.
The Audience Services Coordinator works as part of the PRISMA team to develop and strengthen the PRISMA membership and donor base. This position is also responsible for setting up the ticketing systems, creating membership packages, and training volunteers and other staff to sell and manage tickets.
The Audience Services Coordinator reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Director of Marketing and Development.
Timeline – year-round, with the majority of hours November to July
Character and Skills
- Have an appreciation for PRISMA’S vision and goals
- Excellent customer service and appreciation attributes
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Have competent computer skills re emailing, online programs, spreadsheets and Google Drive (or equivalent shared folders application)
- Be respectful re matters of confidentiality
- Have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Extremely well organized and goal oriented
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute membership drive
- Maintain membership database through our online ticketing system
- Oversees that all members and sponsors get tax receipts in a timely way
- Prepare post event surveys for donors and members
- Ability to nurture ongoing relationship with members to ensure retention
- Create programs and timelines to communicate regularly with members
- Create membership packages to suit different levels of membership
- Comfortable to follow up with lapsed memberships and learn from members about their satisfaction or lack there of with their member sponsorship
- Expeditiously following up with new enquiries
- Create a membership list, and ensure all key staff are aware of different members and their levels of sponsorship
- Support the team in the planning of the AGM and other key events
- Deliver membership packages to key sponsors
- Look for ways to improve processes and communications
Box Office Management
- Set up, execute and launch ticket sales, prepare tickets and packages
- Learn ticketing software, troubleshoot ticket printing
- Train and supervise volunteers and staff (box Office bootcamp!) to assist with merchandise sales, tickets sales and process payments
- Accumulate data for reporting and help to achieve maximum sales
- Set up tourism packages
- Collaborate with BC ferries on availability of tickets
- Create donor and local sponsorship packages
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Development to ensure member/sponsor benefits are allocated efficiently
- Work closely with the Finance Director to establish/maintain procedures for cash handling and recording of sales.
As a member of a small team, this position may be assigned other duties as required, and is expected to be onsite for all PRISMA public events.
The majority of hours for this position are 15-20 hours per week. Wage to be discussed based on experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- POWELL RIVER, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in POWELL RIVER, BC