Goals: Customer Satisfaction, Quality Work.
Wage: 21-25$/hr, dependent on education and experience.
Reports to: Project Manager / Operations Manager / General Manager
Time Requirement: Full time – Seasonal
Company Policy and Procedures
- Understand and abide by company procedures
- Enforce and uphold company policies and procedures
- Is on time and ready to work at beginning of shift
- Participate in and/or coordinate Site Maintenance activities focused on Landscape and Reclamation Projects completed in previous years. Work will take place in the Black Diamond area and in High River. Additional travel to other projects may be required.
- Provide physical labour in an outdoor environment.
- Activities may include; watering, weeding, pesticide application, mobilization of materials, irrigation set-up / tear-down, vegetation assessment, reporting, driving
- Interpretation and implementation of landscape plans, specifications, procedures and industry Best Practices.
- Assist Project Manager in all aspects of project execution including tracking activities, data checking and preparing supporting documentation for reports and liability assessments
- Plant identification and Weed Identification
- Completing personal administration, including record keeping, correct and timely submission of daily timesheets, safety reporting, etc.
- Work as a member of a team.
- May also include Reclamation and Environmental Construction activities such as; collecting native plant materials and seed, Collection and entry of Data, descriptive technical writing and scientific data interpretation.
- Maintains positive attitude and outlook toward work performed
- Contributes to productive team atmosphere
- Treats all stakeholders in a respectful manner
Equipment and Company Property
- Maintains clean driving record
- Able and willing to drive trucks with trailers and equipment
- Responsible for truck and trailer, hand tools, and installation materials
- Has ability to learn new equipment efficiently
- Maintains professional approach
- Instructs others in techniques to improve quality
- Able to maintain quality while increasing efficiency
- Responsible for final quality on assigned projects.
- Reports or corrects dangerous situations
- Identify hazards on jobsites and participate in daily safety paperwork
- Reports accidents/incident and fills out proper paperwork
- Safe operation of tools and equipment
- Use of required safety equipment and PPE
- Strong time management, project planning and written/verbal communications
Job Type / Category
Employee's who output good quality work will find opportunity for advancement, additional training, and upward mobility within the organization. Some projects inside the organization will require travel and will be subsidized with Living Out Allowance and Hotels.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
must complete in-house company training and on-the-job training will be provided.
- Prior Landscape, construction, or Horticultural experience is considered an asset.
- Education in Landscape, Ornamental Horticulture, Arboriculture or related fields is considered an asset.
- Registration with a professional organization is considered an asset.
- First Aid, WHMIS, TDG, Construction Safety Training System, and company specific orientation required prior to starting work on projects
- Certifications such as; Landscape Industry, International Society of Arboriculture, Ground Disturbance, Fall Protection, Chainsaw Safety, or any additional training certificates are considered an asset.
Vitae Environmental Construction Ltd. is a Southern Alberta based business with local experience and expertise in reclamation, environmental, landscaping and civil construction services, with specific expertise in Alberta's ecology.
Vitae has a team of more than 40 employees, which includes:
– Professional and Technical Agrologists
– Environmental Professionals
– Professional and Technical Engineers
– Erosion and Sediment Control Professionals
– Journeyman Landscapers and Carpenters
– Horticultural Technicians
– Landscape Architects & Designers
– Irrigation Specialists
Vitae’s team stays up-to-date with new products and innovative methods by regularly attending training sessions and industry trade shows and events across North America. By doing so, Vitae is able to offer you the latest and best in custom reclamation, environmental, landscaping and civil construction solutions for your unique project.
Vitae is COR Certified and a member of ComplyWorks and ISNetworld.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary (seasonal) until winter season
Hourly Wage : $21.00 to $25.00 / hour
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.00-$25.00 per hour
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Landscaping or Irrigation or Grounds Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)