Overall job purpose:
Manages and drives performance of a team of Ocean Freight Import Specialists. Ensures customer requirements are met and takes corrective actions in case of deviations from customer requirements. Handles escalations in a timely and professional manner.
- Extensive knowledge of Ocean Freight Import Customer Service & Operations
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong customer service background
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrates strong communication capabilities
- Evaluates situations to arrive at appropriate solutions
- Ability to analyze data to provide information on errors and performance failures
- Post-secondary education
Main tasks & key responsibilities
- Organizes and plans workload distribution of Ocean Import Specialists
- Handles escalations in a timely and professional manner.
- Creates, builds and maintains excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Drives continuous improvements through monitoring of KPIs and Dashboards
- Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
- Acts as subject matter expert for ad hoc operational questions with regards to accounts which are being serviced
- Monitors performance and provides regular feedback to the team
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and
development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Facts and Figures
Division DGFF - DGF - Canada AMNO Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Business Unit DHL Global Forwarding Canada Contract Type
Location Mississauga Working Hours 37.5 hours per week
Job Type Customer Service Shift Requirement Day time only
Career Level Team Leaders & Managers Relocation Offered None
Responsible for 6-10 Travel Required No Business Travel
Reports to Ocean Freight Manager YYZ Travel Extent None
Target Hire Date 11/20/2018 Work Permit Required Yes