Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Canopy Growth is looking for a Design Manager to join our Strategic Expansion and Continuous Improvement team! In this fast-moving role you will assist in overseeing and managing Canopy Growth’s strategic expansion initiatives across Canada as well as internationally. This role requires a person with experience that incorporates commercial and industrial construction, design and expansion. A background in the field of architecture and design and/or construction is a prerequisite for this position.
- Assist with execution of design strategy for the development of production facilities, distribution centres, R&D facilities, and office fit-ups
- Coordinate and assist in overseeing design process, project design requirements & changes with consultants and within Canopy Growth’s interdepartmental team
- Assist in reviewing and providing comments on design drawings, specifications, shop drawings, etc.
- Assist in reviewing and coordinating drawings from multiple disciplines (architectural, mechanical, electrical, I.T., security, etc.) to ensure all design requirements, codes & standards etc. are met
- Coordinate/communicate with cross-functional teams, in order to ensure successful results
- Provide clear and effective communication of design direction in a timely fashion with consultants and within Canopy Growth
- Assist in leading research for production design project specifications, products, equipment, services, etc.
- Coordinate and control project files, documents, ensuring that all relevant documentation is appropriately organized
- Stay current with industry trends for retail design and consumer experience, as well as industrial/production design requirements, and construction practices
- Assist with the management of people and processes; to include business partners, vendors and consultants
- Assist in resolving any issues emerging within cross-functional teams
- Excel in driving for results
- Understand Canopy Growth’s project portfolio in the production space, research & development, and office fit-ups
- Assist with the management of production expansion schedules
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with functional leaders to drive success of projects and teams across Canada
- Ability to travel and work remotely when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree and in the architectural field (Architect, Architectural Technologist, Construction Project Manager)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the design industry (architectural, construction)
- Proficient project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
- Proficient in Autocad or Revit Architecture (preferably Revit).
- Demonstrated expertise in reading/understanding architectural drawings, specifications, technical cutsheets, building codes and standards, as well as coordination between disciplines (architectural, mechanical, electrical, I.T., security, etc.)
- Experience working on construction projects, advanced understanding of processes and procedures associated with design and construction administration
- Ability to thrive in high-performance, fast paced work culture, taking initiative in achieving results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.