Avenza is redefining how customers create and interact with maps and is having a lot of fun in the process. Our Vision is to be the premier technology company for map creation, distribution and use. We are a growing team of software developers, QA Specialists and GIS experts that are passionate about our products. We have been successful as a team for more than 20 years and we take pride in creating software that is used by thousands of professionals and millions of users all over the world. Openness, collaboration and innovation are the cornerstones of our culture.
We are located only steps from the Davisville subway station. We offer a fun, exciting and flexible work environment. You will have the chance to interact with a global clientele from small businesses to large international organizations. If you thrive in a challenging environment, and are capable of multitasking and have a passion for all things spatial, join us!
You will be working with a small and tightly integrated sales team, working to drive inbound sales strategies. We need your expertise to elevate our team to the next level, while also offering guidance to our customers.
You Will :
- Have intimate knowledge of the products in order to offer excellent service
- Perform engaging live online demonstrations of software for customers
- Stay current with product developments and new technologies
- Liaise with Avenza’s support and development teams
- Be a team player and work with the Business Development Team to develop and engage customers
- Create and present reports on a monthly basis
- Prepare quotes and proforma invoices
- Receive orders by phone and email
- Understand the needs of GIS users in both office and field settings
- Follow up on incoming web leads
- Work in a high paced collaborative team environment
- Attend trade shows and events
- Excellent understanding of customers needs and ability to be proactive
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment effectively
- University or College degree or experience in a related field
- GIS or Cartographic experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years of working experience in a technology company, including extensive hands-on experience with insides sales
- Ability to write effectively
- Knowledge of Sugar CRM or similar CRM tool
- Past experience in a similar role in a small or medium-size company
- Experience offering customer support & sales on the phone or by e-mail
- Positive and upbeat personality to engage with customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
We have great benefits!
- Competitive Base Salary with commission-based upon performance
- Full Benefits Package
- Casual Dress Code
- Informal and friendly work environment
- Free Coffee and Fruit
- Bagel Wednesdays
- Regular Catered Lunches
- Release Parties
- Social Events
- And lots more!
- Travel opportunities for conferences
- BBQ on site for staff use
NB: Strictly no recruiters. Please apply via this website or by email (jobs AT avenza.com) only. Resumes received by any other method will be discarded.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- GIS: 2 years (Preferred)