The 450 bed Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre is a leading regional resource in long-term, respite and convalescent care, with particular emphasis on providing for the needs of seniors, veterans and people requiring dementia care. We are seeking motivated and team-oriented individuals for the position of:
Candidates must have:
- A chef training or culinary management diploma or certificate granted by a college established under the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002; or granted by a registered private career college, for successfully completing a program approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
- A diploma or certificate granted in another jurisdiction and a set of skills that, in the reasonable opinion of the licensee, is equivalent to those that the licensee would expect of a person who has a diploma or certificate provided for in clause (a)
- A certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by the Director of Apprenticeship under the Apprenticeship and Certification Act, 1998, or after Part III of the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship Act, 2009 comes into force, by the Registrar of the College under that Act; or
- A post-secondary diploma in Food and Nutrition Management or a post-secondary degree in Food and Nutrition.
A Police Check (vulnerable sector) is also required for this position.
For candidates selected for consideration, the Perley Rideau, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $23.39 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)