Vena Solutions is seeking a Software Development Team Lead to help mentor a team while contributing to our SaaS cloud technology. This role is a match for you if you are looking to combine your technical and leadership skills to drive innovative new features into our product while leading a team of developers.
Our technology evolves through continuous innovation; we are always on the lookout for emerging technologies, regardless of language or platform, which allow us to improve our products, development tools and infrastructure.
Our developer focused team culture encourages our engineers to be self motivated and self directed. We value leadership and people with passion who will take ownership to make their mark on our product within this growing business space.
Vena is an equal opportunity employer and focuses on the importance of diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please include those in your application or when speaking with our talent team and we will ensure any accommodation needs are met.
Check out the team blog for more details at engineering.vena.io ( http://engineering.vena.io/ )
What you will do
- Write code with the freedom to explore new tools, techniques, and languages that interest you
- Perform code reviews and work to continuously improve your team's code quality and productivity
- Provide mentorship and guidance to developers
- Coach developers on work prioritization and work-related challenges
- Act as an effective information channel between your team and the broader organization
- Advocate for and execute development initiatives, best practices and coding standards
- Tell us what we need to be doing rather than expecting to be told what to do
What we use
Please note this reflects a portion of our technical stack. We are constantly evolving and revisiting our stack to be on the cutting edge:
- A Java 8 back-end Server using Google Guice, Hibernate, and Dropwizard
- A custom-built OLAP processing engine with our in house DSL, and ANTLR-based compiler
- Modern data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redshift, and RDS
- Supporting micro-services written in Java and GoLang
- Fully automated AWS cloud infrastructure
- A C# .NET Excel add-in built using VSTO, Excel Interop/VBA, and LINQ
- And much more
Does this sound like you?
If you meet 5 or more of the below we'd love to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years experience leading a software development team
- Good understanding of algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience in writing Software on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent cloud environments
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in scrum/lean/agile environment
- You are self motivated and self directed
- You are excited at the prospect of working on interesting technology with other friendly and enthusiastic developers
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring and helping others grow in their professional abilities
If you are passionate about leading positive, talented developers, about delivering quality code to customers who love their product, and about contributing back to the community, then this job is for you!
Don't currently tick all of the boxes? We pride ourselves on our mentorship culture, please apply if this role and Vena excites you!
Apply today…. We can't wait to hear from you!
At Vena, we empower people to work the way they think. Our cloud infrastructure leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding beautiful web-based workflows and a powerful cloud storage to make mission-critical business processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian start-ups, we're part of a growing industry looking to revolutionize the enterprise so that people can get back to doing their best work.
We strive to promote a culture and community that supports one another and allows for growth and fun. We hope to inspire and ensure our Venanites feel comfortable to innovate and can enable their creative side while at work.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.