The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services is the Canadian communications industry ombudsman located in downtown Ottawa. CCTS has an immediate need for Complaint Resolution Officers.
The organization’s mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications and television complaints after interactions between the complainant and the service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
Complaint Resolution Officers investigate complaints, communicate (both orally and in writing) with the disputing parties, and attempt to “mediate” a successful resolution. If resolution is not successful, the Complaint Resolution Officers will recommend to management an appropriate solution to the complaint based on the facts of the complaint and the results of their investigation.
Successful candidates will have dispute resolution training or experience, be customer-oriented and have excellent oral and written communications skills. They must be diplomatic, unbiased and possess excellent judgment and analytical skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attempt to informally resolve all complaints assigned by communicating with both the customer and service provider, ensuring to follow CCTS process and maintaining impartiality at all times
- Investigate unresolved complaints to determine if the service provider has reasonably met its obligations
- Draft disposition memo, letter, or other further to the results of the investigation
- Administer Codes of Conducts to complaints, as applicable
- Identify themes and escalate issues / trends, as applicable
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma, or equivalent (post-secondary education in a related field strongly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience handling complaints or in a dispute resolution environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience working in telecommunications industry is an asset
- Previous experience using mediation techniques, and an understanding of and ability to apply dispute resolution best practices
- Bilingualism (French/English) strongly preferred, strong ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Understanding of call centre environment
- Understanding of telecommunications or television industry
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Results Focus (Service Delivery)
- Good ability to conduct investigations, delving into fact patterns and analyzing data to reach conclusions
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong ability to organize and plan own work
- Good ability to effectively communicate and foster relationships with other employees
- Very strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and take initiative to involve others when appropriate
Quality and Risk Orientation
- Strong ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong ability to work with highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong ability to listen effectively and act in an unbiased, diplomatic and professional manner
Problem Solving and Process Improvement
- Good ability to analyze information and draw relevant conclusions
- Good ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues
- Strong ability to use good judgement in decision making
- Very strong ability to handle confidential information in a tactful and discreet manner
- Strong ability to solve problems independently
- Good ability to identify issues and concerns that impact the team's effectiveness and take action
Stakeholder Relations and Customer Service Focus
- Very strong customer-service orientation
- Strong ability to respond to internal customers promptly and without ambiguity
- Good ability to communicate with the public using active listening, empathy, diplomacy and tact
CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical professional that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $57,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)