The Structured Cabling Technician will be responsible for executing structured cabling projects as well as projects in the security and fibre optic space.
- Installation of structured cabling (CAT 5E, CAT 6 and others) and fiber optics according to the requirements.
- Label cables according to defined standards.
- Perform the necessary tests after installation and makes the necessary corrections.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in commercial buildings.
- Assist senior and lead technicians in daily service calls.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Any and all other duties as assigned in order to meet Company objectives.
- Minimum 2-year cabling and or installation experience is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with clear driver’s abstract.
- Professional, trustworthy, and reliable with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Ability to organize work and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently.
- Working at Heights and Fall Arrest Certification is an asset.
ABOUT TELECON GROUP
Founded in 1967, Telecon is Canada’s leading telecommunication network infrastructure services provider. The company leverages its national presence, thousands of skilled professionals, client relationships and more than 50-year history to offer industry-leading design, locate, infrastructure and connectivity solutions to telecommunication companies and corporate clients nationwide. Depending on the region and the type of work to be performed, Telecon operates under one of the following brands: Telecon, Telecon Design, AGIR Consultants, Promark-Telecon, Expercom, Chemco-Telecon Infrastructure, Telecon Entreprises, Marcomm, Plexus, Unified Systems Group, SC360, Questzones and TRJ Telecom. For more information on Telecon, visit www.telecon.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.