Vice President, Technology and Services
OTN brings virtual care innovation to the healthcare system so that the people of Ontario can get the care they need when and where they need it most: at home, in their community or in hospital. For more than a decade, OTN has increased access to health care and education across the province with one of the world’s most extensive telemedicine networks. Working with its many partners and leveraging its unique knowledge of health care and digital technology, OTN addresses challenges by introducing and spreading new ways of delivering care that benefit patients, care providers and the healthcare system.
As an independent not-for-profit organization, funded by the government of Ontario, OTN works with providers and organizations from across the health system to enable them to use virtual care to deliver care directly to their patients.
OTN provides a set of core services and programs that are used by more than 35,000 health professionals and thousands of health care organizations. These services are delivered with many partners across the health system and represents one of the largest and most active virtual care collaboration in the world.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Technology and Services is responsible for working closely with the CEO, OTN senior leadership team and other business leaders, and health system partners to ensure OTN’s technology infrastructure, core applications, and supporting services meet the needs of our health provider partners and are integrated with the solutions and services they use. The role is key to ensuring that OTN’s technology and services plans are optimized to anticipate and respond to evolving health system needs and business requirements, as expressed through OTN’s strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
Responsibilities and Activities:
Technology, Strategy and Architecture
- Developing strategies, an overall architecture and associated roadmap(s), in collaboration with the senior leadership team and business leaders, to support OTN’s growth strategy and optimize OTN’s value to the health system
- Working with business leaders to develop and/or implement new and innovative improvements to OTN’s customer services, incorporating customer and internal feedback, such as new service approaches; enhancing OTN’s current core products; leveraging new technology to improve or replace existing solutions, enhancing online experience and; business process enhancements that drive efficiency or ease of use
- Improving and modernizing OTN’s onboarding member subscription process, online presence and member record management (data)
- Developing and implementing an integration strategy enabling health organizations to seamlessly leverage virtual care through OTN’s Partner Video strategy
- Ongoing enhancement of OTN’s core utility telemedicine services including video, webcasting, scheduling and directory ensuring technology roadmaps support OTN’s strategic initiatives and product priorities
- Maintaining all OTN infrastructure, including managing cloud, datacenters, provincial telecom network, information security and vendor-managed services
- Ensuring a high degree of security and privacy to comply with PHIPA laws and regulations
- Designing resilience into processes to ensure reliability, quality and service responsiveness
- Providing infrastructure and process required to support enterprise data management
- Embrace OTN’s Partners First philosophy by ensuring Member technology choices and integration experiences are optimized
- Optimizing the mix of purchased services, in-house development and partnership with public sector delivery partners
- Building strong strategic relationships, working effectively with OTN’s other public sector delivery partners, including Ontario Health
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Ensuring regular mentoring and coaching of all members of the portfolio
- Accountable for performance management of all direct reports and oversight to performance of indirect reports
- Creating a positive, highly engaged and energized team culture where employees exhibit the corporate values and behaviours both within and between departments
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, computer sciences, healthcare, technology or business is desirable
- Graduate degree or MBA would be considered an asset.
- Experience in healthcare IT and systems integration is a valued asset
- Experience in procuring and managing complex, third-party vendor product and services solutions
- Proven experience in online subscription models, user onboarding, registration and authentication is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience making important architecture and design decisions; such as data domain modeling, application of design patterns, and using third-party components.
- Technical knowledge of video conferencing, networking and mobile, online platforms, analytics, cloud solutions, enterprise applications and MS products are an asset
- Proven Software Development experience and knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience developing and implementing APIs (Application Program Interface) and current knowledge of integration standards in healthcare such as HL7, FHIR is desirable
- Innovative spirit and experience with innovating new solutions
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience including leading, coaching and developing relatively large teams
- Ability to lead and manage organizational processes, and experience implementing new processes
- Ability to translate business strategies into technology strategies and plans.
If you have strong communication and organizational skills and committed to excellence in delivering extraordinary customer service, check out our website: www.otn.ca. Please apply to this opportunity by clicking on the careers link on OTN's website or forward your resume via fax: 416-446-4128 quoting – Vice President, Technology and Services. We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
OTN does not solicit personal information such as banking information or passport information over social media sites for employment purposes.
OTN is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
If you require accessibility accommodations to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
To receive any OTN document required by the AODA and its standards not listed above or to receive any public document on OTN's website in an alternate format, please contact Customerservice@otn.ca.
For users requiring Teletypewriter (TTY) Services, please contact us using the TTY service: 1-855-368-6889.