L.A. Fitness, North America's premier fitness and sports club chain, has an immediate opening for a Fitness Equipment Service Technician for the GTA, Greater Toronto, Ontario, area including Mississauga, Brampton and Milton. If you are well-experienced in servicing electromechanical and mechanical systems and seek an opportunity that offers variety, challenge and a positive environment, we want to hear from you!
Our Fitness Equipment Service Technicians are each responsible for ensuring reliable operation and safety of our fitness equipment in a territory comprised of four to five of our clubs. A Company service van is provided, to serve as your mobile parts warehouse as you travel to a different club each day to service the equipment there.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit assigned clubs according to a weekly schedule to perform necessary repairs and complete.
- established preventive maintenance tasks. Create, update and complete work orders that document your machine diagnosis, parts orders and repair actions using a company-supplied mobile device.
- Escalate late parts orders with your assigned Service Coordinator and/or Manager to ensure that repairs are not delayed.
- Provide exceptional customer service in interacting with managers and staff members in your
clubs, keeping them informed of repair progress and answering their questions they may have related to service.
- Manage parts inventory in your assigned service van and ensure that your van receives proper maintenance at our fleet manager’s contracted service centres.
- Broad technical ability, including ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, electromechanical and
mechanical systems. Fitness equipment experience a plus.
- Absolute reliability and honesty: Able to work independently and as a valued teammate while
performing complete and effective equipment repairs to ensure safety for, and minimize
inconvenience to, LA Fitness club members and staff.
- Strong communications skills and a positive attitude.
- Good computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to perform under abruptly changing priorities when necessary.
- Valid Drivers’ License with clean DMV record (will be verified by LA Fitness’ insurance
- Legal right to work in the U.S. and Canada
- Must have own mechanics tools. Some specialty tools provided.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds, bend frequently.
For more information about our company, please visit us at www.lafitness.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Service Technician: 1 year (Preferred)