Hatch is currently seeking a Software Release Specialist / Coordinator to join our Hatch Digital team and manage the software development Release Management lifecycle for our clients. This role is based in our Mississauga Office within our Hatch Digital business unit, reporting to the Global Director, Systems Development.
In this role, you will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and communication management of software releases across multiple applications across various portfolios. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes through development, test, and production environments. The Release Coordinator works collaboratively with all participants in the development projects including IT/IS management, developers, testers and functional subject matter experts. This role is also responsible for improving the software development processes and practices with continuous builds and deploy of updates and new releases. Working closely with Project Managers providing input to schedules, interdependencies project milestones and interdependencies to ensure on time delivery of software to the client. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
Hatch is a global company. Some of the IT/IS initiatives are implemented by teams in South Africa or Australia, and some by teams with team members in different countries and time zones. You are a team player, yet an independent thinker, comfortable with sharing and accepting ideas in an open manner. You are a hard worker, able to take on demanding and time-constrained tasks.
· Measure and monitor progress of application releases to ensure application releases are delivered on time by forward planning the release windows and cycles across the portfolios
· Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
· Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
· Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
· Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training or work experience
· Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
· High attention to details, motivation and commitment to quality and customer service
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with different levels of stakeholders from different parts of the world
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
· Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts and technologies
· Understanding of all aspects of software development and implementation
· Ability to work in an Agile environment
· Adept at using project management related software tools such as MS Project
· Willing to work outside of normal business hours as part of a global team and to travel if required.
· 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
· 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
· Experience with Agile methodologies and working in teams
· Working with Microsoft DevOps for Scrum
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent