Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's leading property management firm.
We are looking for quality people who share our values in doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you?
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Sited Community Manager will provide strong leadership and management direction on behalf of the Board of Directors and FirstService Residential. The Community Manager will oversee all sited staff and will perform functions in order to manage, direct, provide leadership and exceptional customer service to the residents. The Community Manager ensures that the properties are maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies. The purpose of this roles is to create a single point of contact in the community, enhance communications with residents, and create effective oversight of sited staff and operations. The Community Manager also ensures legal compliance in all applicable areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide management and leadership to the Legends Private Residences. Collaborate with Leadership Team to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the property, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Directly manages a team of sited staff that will include maintenance, concierge and administration, while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Manage the process improvement and quality control of the property and ensure quality resident service is delivered.
- Assign and review the work of staff, ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary.
- Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of issues that arise.
- Partner with the Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives.
- Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to questions/problems.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of contracts between the Corporation, vendors, and FirstService Residential. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met. Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals professionally and advise insurance Coordinator of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
- Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, review available services, and explain the communities' rules and regulations.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and close them out regularly.
- Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
- Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in Connect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year.
- Interview, select, and recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing levels. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures.
- Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
- Observe safety standards and participate in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established disaster procedures.
- Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
- Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices in a timely manner and review invoices/cheques for accuracy.
- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.
- Prepare bid comparison analysis. Prepare and use the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Update Corporation communications and ensure current information is displayed on the Corporation boards and website. Prepare Corporation newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as required.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute.
- Manage the communication and compliance of SOP’s within team, as well as internal and external customers.
- Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals as required.
- Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Corporation and maintain up to date equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and five years’ experience in Condominium Management, Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management experience in a small or medium-sized organization including responsibility for more than one functional department or division preferred.
- Understanding of physical building management, the Condominium Property Act, general accounting principles and law affecting property management.
- Real Estate License in Property Management is considered an asset.
- Designations such as the Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) and Certified Property Manager (CPM) are considered assets.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, sound judgement and decision making ability.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet.
- Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
- Must possess a valid Alberta Driver's License and be able to travel in order to attend various Board meetings, attend visits, and all other trips reasonable to the role of Community Manager.
- Be able to work flexible hours to accommodate evening and/or emergencies.
- Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business need.
FirstService Residential would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time