Infrastructure Analyst - Job Posting #22385
Closing Date: Tue., April 23, 2019
Location: Thorold ON
Type: Regular Full-Time
Salary: $74,630 - $87,800
Work Hours: 35 hrs / week
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada's most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada's most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario's most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure and Telecommunications, the Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for providing technical expertise in infrastructure related designs, troubleshooting and solutions, and to ensure security, high availability and operability of mission critical IT backbone infrastructure for all Regional Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions (ABCs) and other shared service partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, computer Science, related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a medium to large sized IT infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, such as Windows Operating Systems, Messaging and Collaboration, Office Productivity Suites, Security Product Suites, Unified Access Gateways, Citrix enterprise products including XenApp, VMWare Virtual Infrastructure such as ESXi, , VDI, VCENTER, Enterprise LAN/WAN/Wireless technologies and methodologies, Networking products such as Nortel and Cisco firewalls, DMVPN Routers & switches, SAN storage and backup solutions. Enterprise class server hardware and software including administering Mobile Device Management systems, and familiar with business continuity/disaster recovery strategies.
- Other Microsoft Certifications (such as MCPITP in server technologies), Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, PMP or others) preferred.
Ensures the high availability, integrity, maintenance, and ongoing operational functions of the Region’s data centers and their components, including a wide range of Information & Information Technology systems, Enterprise applications, Enterprise databases & content across the Corporation and for ABC’s.
- Ensures the availability of all corporate applications and highly sensitive and confidential information, such as PeopleSoft, Kronos, Financial Systems , Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration/Mobility Services, all external public facing applications housed at the Region.
- Ensures the integrity, availability, configuration, and security of servers and wide area network infrastructure across the Region’s primary data centre and secondary Disaster Recovery site(s).
- Maintains optimal and resilient data centres and networking environments, capacity planning, security measurement, and performance tuning of networks and systems.
- Identifies and resolves service or performance issues.
- Ensures the high availability of multiple enterprise storage systems (SAN’s), servicing all Regional server systems, and all departmental, divisional, and personal drive network resources.
- Initiates changes to ensure legislative compliance for systems, to mitigate risks, to improve internal and public services, and enhance efficiencies.
- Supports the Regional Emergency Operations Centre (REOC) as it relates to all IT Infrastructure services, including all backend servers, local and wide area network services and application availability.
Provides technical support to information technology tools, software and hardware technologies. Implements, installs and sustains network operating systems, software/applications, tools, network switches, routers, firewalls, and backend servers, including upgrades, firmware/software updates, and patching of server devices.
- Periodically conducts technical investigations, audits and prepares investigation reports for senior management and Human Resources and management from other departments.
- Provides research support on network/technology improvements and updates, keeping abreast of latest technology and standards.
- Researches, evaluates and makes recommendations on network designs (LAN, WAN, Wireless), Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and server operating systems.
- Contributes to the development of Regional standards for system security and internal process/audit controls.
- Contributes to the creation and sustainment of technology frameworks (e.g. regional/corporate architectures, methodologies, tools, techniques and standards).
- Evaluates existing conditions, identifying technical requirements, researching and evaluating alternatives, and providing recommendations.
- Forecast future growth demand and provides recommendations.
Provides technical support to the disaster recovery team developing, testing implementing, and updating related divisional recovery and protection plans.
- Provides infrastructure support for backup and disaster recovery purposes.
- Ensures availability of systems through active monitoring, in the event of a failure occurring in order to meet current RTO/RPO’s.
- Provides administration and support for the enterprise backup solution, ensuring data integrity and usability
Assists in managing vendor and contractor relations.
- Assists in selection and recommendation of technical solutions and professional services.
- Manages vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
Plans, executes and manages infrastructure-related IT projects.
- Leads technical project teams comprised of members from other Regional Departments/divisions.
- Recommends procedures, data integration, data security, storage arrays, network infrastructure, and/or common software required to meet resource, project and program specific requirements.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow's challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application before April 23 at midnight.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- medium: 5 years (Preferred)