Join a Canadian success story still growing strong after 65 years. Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada and we are excited about our future. We are proud of the great partnerships we form with our customers, our team members and vendor partners and the unique solutions we provide to Canadian businesses and home owners.
We are currently looking for a G Class Driver (Job #19339) to join our team based out of our location on Kipling Ave in Etobicoke, ON. If you have experience driving a single axle roll off truck, click to apply today!
- Competitive wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Attractive company paid benefit package after 3 months.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting discount programs.
- Opportunity to participate in company matched retirement plan.
- Guaranteed hours year round
- Overtime available seasonally.
- Uniform and boots allowance provided.
- Any required training provided.
- Opportunity to grow with us
The G Class Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient delivery and pick-up of products and equipment rented and/or sold to customers as well as transfers of equipment between stores using the appropriate “G Class” truck. Equipment delivered will include but is not limited to: our equipment fleet, heating fleet and propane bottles.
- Valid Ontario G Class license and must provide clean abstract (current within 30 days)
- Minimum 2 years related driving experience in safe transportation of construction equipment including: scissor lifts ,forklifts ,ride on sweepers ,bobcats ,excavators , towable air compressors /generators and more
- Comfortable driving a Peterbilt or similar type of commercial single axle truck.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Willing to work in all types of weather and safely load and unload equipment at job sites
- Must have superior customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Safely load, transport and operate various equipment being delivered and explain its operations to customers.
- Ensure every customer is treated in a fair and consistent manner by remaining professional both in conduct and appearance.
- Provide solutions based service and provide any necessary instructions or solutions.
- Deliver and pick-up all products in a safe manner within the time parameters given by the customer.
- Ensure equipment being picked-up is not damaged and all appropriate accessories are with the tool(s).
- Follow all paperwork procedures related to the delivery and pick-up of products for customers.
- Maintain all inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
- Operate vehicle safely and follow all relevant legislation.
- Ensure loads are properly secured and loaded and unloaded in safe manner.
- Complete all reports related to vehicle usage such as run sheets, inspection reports and maintenance.
- Check in with Supervisor for additional duties as required including but not limited to: pre-loading, equipment checks, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of the truck and store (internal and external)
- Adhere to all Company safety standards.
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Report any workplace hazards and help to eliminate them
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Other duties as assigned.
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- driving & transportation of construction equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)