At Bond, we design creative and innovative solutions for our clients, all with the goal of helping them build ever-stronger loyalty to their brands. That can take us in some pretty amazing directions, and as a Senior Database Administrator, you’ll have your hands on the wheel as we drive the future of loyalty.
So, take a moment to ask yourself this: Do you love technological challenges? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a high performing team? Yes? Good. This could be a great opportunity for you. And us!
A typical day in this role might include:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining Maintenance Plans
- Ensuring all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Testing backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshoting Database replication and SQL Server Always-On
- Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Conducting ongoing maintenance, support and performance tuning of new and existing databases
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Identifying and documenting processes and procedures
You will also:
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes when performance issues arise.
- Evaluate hardware resources and requirements for RDBMS
- Direct and implement controls to protect database assets
- Audit transactions and conduct periodic security assessment of databases
- Perform logical and physical modeling for new databases and changes to existing ones.
- Document all hosted database environments
- Perform other duties as required
Do these statements describe you?
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Microsoft Certifications: MCDBA
- Experience deploying and supporting enterprise business intelligence tools (i.e. SSRS, Tableau, etc...)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of enterprise Information Technology concepts and processes (i.e. ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Self-starter qualities with excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and maturity
- High organization skills and are an energetic team player
- The ability to set priorities and to accurately resolve day-to-day issues
- Adhere to and enforce Information Security Policies & Procedures
- The ability to work effectively with Network Administrators and Technical teams
- Familiarity with and experience in data warehouse development and implementations.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data management capabilities and commercial solutions.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal management supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
Why Join Us?
You can see your code getting to production faster than you used to; you will try your Big Data skills, where precise and robust code really matters; you will work with the 3.5 Billion-record tables; you will learn how difference between European and Australian privacy laws can affect your design decisions.
Bond Brand Loyalty is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
We’re 400(ish) people working tirelessly together to make the world a more loyal place. You’ll be joining a hyper-talented team with a galaxy of skillsets ranging from research to creative to digital and beyond. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to grow, learn and make an impact as we tackle some of our client’s biggest business challenges.
If you’re looking to build your career, build your skills and build bonds apply today!
Bond Brand Loyalty welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time