Health and Safety Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Health and Safety Manager, we are currently accepting applications for the above position to work on remote projects in Northern Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan. This will be a positions that requires you to be travelling to the job sites 85% of the time.
Successful Candidates will have:
- 1 - 5 years’ experience in a safety related field.
- Combination of health, safety and working with trades experience
- Experience with the COR audit process and auditing job sites
- First aid training
- WHMIS Training
- NCSO certification or equivalent safety training is preferred or a Occupational Health and Safety Certificate/Diploma
- Experience with Microsoft word, excel and power point and email
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with problem solving skills
Duties of the Health and Safety Coordinator include:
- Provide guidance to site employees and contractors about safety issues through the interpretation of company policies, procedures, client requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Work with HSE Manager writing and updating procedures, safe work practices and safe work procedures.
- Conduct inspections, orientations, audits and safety meetings while on site.
- Work with WHS regulators if required on site.
- Help provide safety training and education to employees on the following: Site Docs safety program, Conducting meaningful inspections on equipment, site inspections and daily hazard assessments.
- Assist in the Completion and training of daily hazard assessments and review of relevant safe work procedures. Coach, train and evaluate the hazard assessment process.
- Complete accident, incident and near miss investigations in conjunction with the supervisor for meaningful corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor emergency response plan for site.
- Conduct Drug & Alcohol testing for post incident on some of our remote site locations.
- Ensure the Environmental requirements of project are being followed and are being maintained.
- Promote the company vision, values, operating principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- WHMIS (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
- Drivers Abstract (Required)