ToysRUs Canada, proud to be Canadian owned and operated, has a 13-month contract opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist at our Head Office, reporting to the Manger, Human Resources. This role is responsible for providing support and guidance to the Distribution Centre encompassing all Human Resources related responsibilities and activities.
With sound judgment and problem-solving skills, this individual will develop a collaborative working relationship with the client groups focusing on team member relations, talent acquisition, retention, onboarding, health and safety, training and performance management. This role also supports the full cycle talent acquisition process for the Head Office, Distribution Centre and Stores.
We want to bring on someone who values what we value- teamwork, excellence, authenticity, accountability and integrity. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on exciting responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help us achieve our goals, in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
- Support the Distribution Centre (DC) as primary client group by providing coaching and guidance on all Human Resources related matters
- Support Health and Safety initiatives for the DC including: training, legal compliance, Ministry visits and be a proactive lead on the JHSC
- Advise, coach and communicate to DC Team Members on HR policies and procedures, internal processes, career development, wellness and health and safety
- Advise and support Management including: performance management, application of policies, team member relations and resolving issues with positive solutions and outcomes
- Work with the Human Resources Managers to support the full cycle talent acquisition process for Head Office, Distribution Centre and support Store hourly recruitment as needed
- Coordinate the onboarding process for all new Team Members including, the culture framework, review of policies, and Health and Safety
- Work in collaboration with the HR team in the development and implementation of new programs, talent acquisition strategies and other HR projects as required
- Monitor and research compliance and/or changes to all Federal and Provincial legislation and identify changes that will affect the business
- Organize Corporate events, philanthropy initiatives and other team member functions
- Completion of a post secondary Human Resources Program or similar
- Minimum 3 years experience as a HR Generalist encompassing talent acquisition, training, team member relations, health and safety and performance management. Experience with Distribution Centre is an asset.
- Familiarity to group benefits, compensation and payroll processes is an asset
- Demonstrate credibility and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information with Team Members and provide exceptional quality customer focused service
- Sound problem solving skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resources issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Be flexible to support unanticipated changes to work demands; work independently and as part of a team
- Presentation and facilitation skills in small and large group meeting format
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
- Française (Souhaité)
- Anglaise (Souhaité)