Riverstone Retirement Communities - Riverpath
Various Part Time Shifts
We’re putting a new face on the look of retirement living in Ottawa. Designed and built by Claridge Homes and operated
by Riverstone Retirement Communities, our residences offer an unmatched level of comfort, dignity and style.
Riverstone Retirement Communities provide a provide a highly respected continuum of care that ensures all residents
are happy and healthy in their retirement. They also feature a host of amenities and services, enabling people to create
the lifestyle they deserve. Properties include a first-rate team of professional staff offering a selection of care
independent living, residential care and assisted living. Riverstone Retirement Communities is not stopping
there as we are already forging ahead with a number of other retirement opportunities.
The Activity Assistant shall assist in providing a comprehensive activation program. The Activity Assistant shall be
responsible for segments of the overall programming that focuses primarily on areas which are rehabilitative in nature
and includes physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual aspects.
- Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Services or Equivalent Education and Experience
- Experience in Leisure with seniors
- Demonstrate organizational, leadership and animation skills
- Creative and innovative
- Work as part of a team
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Participate in the planning, organization, promotion and evaluation of activities;
- Animate individual and group activities;
- Encourage residents to participate in activities of their choice;
- Assist residents during activity time;
- Keep attendance record of all activities;
- Encourage volunteer and family member participation in activities;
- Participate in departmental staff meetings;
- Participate in in-service training programs;
- In collaboration with the Activities Manager, participate in a three-month probationary evaluation and annually
To apply please email your resume and references to Nathalie:
- Is aware and endeavours to respect and promote Resident Rights and Responsibilities;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the recreation department.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-327-9655