Shifts: 11pm to 7am
Position Summary: To verify the accuracy of guest accounts by balancing departmental income and mathematically verifying and recording all revenue produced by the Resort’s operation while serving the guests efficiently, courteously and in a friendly professional manner.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms.
- Answer inquiries regarding hotel services and registration.
- Provide information about services available in the community and respond to guest complaints.
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems.
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Reconciles postings, charges and cash for the day.
- Balances all cashier postings for the day.
- Posts any incidental charges as required.
- Prepares all required daily and summary reports.
- Processes reservation and cancellation requests when required.
- Reports all system problems to management.
- Utilizes instinctive selling techniques and company sales programs to maximize revenue and occupancy levels.
- Maintains order and cleanliness at the Front Desk.
- All other duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager / Assistant Front Office Manager.
- High School Diploma with College Tourism/Hospitality and/or Accounting courses.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Must be pleasant and cheerful.
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team-building skills.
- Must possess a professional and diplomatic demeanor.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
The Americana Conference Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Job Type: Full-time
- previous Night Auditor: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Required)
- Niagara Falls, ON (Preferred)