Central City Brewers and Distillers is a craft brewery in the business of developing and selling international award-winning premium craft beer and high-quality distilled spirits brewed without compromise. Our team is committed to providing our guests with the ultimate craft beer experience. Based in Surrey, British Columbia, CCBD was voted Canada Best Brewery of the Year in 2010 and 2012. Additionally, Red Racer won Gold and Beer of the Year at the 2019 Canadian Brewing Awards. The Red Racer brand has become a cult icon among craft beer enthusiasts throughout North America. Founded in 2003 as a brewpub and liquor store in downtown Surrey, CCBD will be opening up a brand-new building that will offer guests a one-of-a-kind destination to enjoy the world’s Finest Beers, Ciders and Spirits
This role is primarily responsible for overseeing the total operation of the liquor store which includes to manage staff, provide great customer experience, guarantee compliance with applicable laws and regulations and monitor store profitability by maximizing sales through effective resource planning and inventory control. Other additional management duties may be required to keep the store functioning effectively and efficiently at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors sales and inventory trends to forecast sales and maintain adequate stock levels.
- Monitors and evaluates cost effectiveness and efficiency of store operations.
- Reviews margins to assure profitability.
- Identifies, controls and reduces costs where possible.
- Reviews and audits the handling of money to ensure integrity in the exchange and deposit of money.
- Works with sales representatives regarding product lines, space allocation, and marketing of their products.
- Oversees in store merchandising such as layouts, promotions and displays.
- Utilizes space to maximize profitability and coordinates the rotation of stock and the re-stocking of store display shelves.
- Ensures stock availability for the top twenty most selling brands for beer, wine, spirits and coolers.
- Supervises staff, including hiring and training employees.
- Reviews the employees time and attendance reports and verifies that the clock entries are accurate.
- Monitors labor to minimize the impact of overtime.
- Motivates, encourages and challenges all employees to ensure they deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure that the store is always clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Manage customer and staff complaints and resolve problems.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Resolves potential confrontational issues when dealing with intoxicated individuals, shop lifters or those attempting to obtain liquor illegally.
- Checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business or retail management, or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ management experience in the retail, restaurant, grocery or other service industry with responsibility for financial results.
- Previous management proficiency in high volume retail.
- A minimum of one year purchasing liquor for business, managing a liquor store or managing a restaurant that has a liquor license.
- A valid serving-it-right certificate.
- Excellent wine, beer, and spirit knowledge
- Ability to read, analyze and apply a variety of financial data to make appropriate business decisions.
- Ability to develop budgets, monitor and control employment costs and inventory levels ensuring budget targets are met.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing, training, coaching and mentoring all individuals within a team.
- Excellent time management, and ability to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Work in the store requires frequent bending and long periods of standing or walking.
- This is a full-time position that requires to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and be available to respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Physical demands requiring frequent manual lifting/moving of materials weighing 25kg.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)