Walgre Transport is a asset based trucking company with terminals in Canada and USA. We are experiencing tremendous growth. In order to keep up with our growth we will be seeking experienced, professional, energetic, goal-oriented individuals to complement our organization.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the scheduling and dispatching of drivers, and equipment for conveyance of materials, freight, or service rendered outside the place of business. The Dispatcher's responsibilities also consist of assigning drivers to trucks and providing accurate directions to pickup and delivery facilities. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers to appropriate locations according to customer requests/orders·
- Track and Trace drivers, trucks and trailers when required and communicate with various stakeholders·
- Solve operational challenges as they arise·
- Maintain the companies Transportation Management System (TMS) by ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date·
- Heavy communication is required through phone, messaging systems, e-mail and other internal applications·
- Recommend and implement appropriate action plans for process improvement·
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Dispatching: 2 year (Preferred)
- DAT Load board: 2 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dispatch: 1 year (preferred)