Join the Kitchen team at Sparkling Hill Resort! We currently have an opening available for a hard-working, experienced Chef de Partie. This individual will take on a leadership role for the junior staff in the absence of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, and must be able to handle a line station efficiently and with the highest standards.
- Review the daily production sheets with the Sous Chef & Executive Chef. Prepares and, when required, delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to the guest service
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridges/freezers, counter tops and stove tops
- Ensures that stations opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct them with safety in mind at all times accordance with the hotel and Federal Government Food Safety guidelines
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to the Sous Chef/ Executive Chef in a timely fashion
- Prepare lists of food products requires for the stations so the Sous Chef can approve and order
- Complete other job related duties as assigned by the Sous Chef & Executive Chef
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Valid Food Handler Certificate required
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
Qualified applicants may submit a detailed resume to Mr. John Stratton, Executive Chef. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available on site in double rooms for full time Sparkling Hill employees, working 40 hours per week.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent