Greenergy International is a UK based Oil company (majority owned by Canadian investor Brookfield Business Partners) that owns and operates a number of facilities within the UK and Globally. In February 2020, BG Fuels merged with Greenergy. BG Fuels currently operates 234 service stations across Canada under recognized brands. Greenergy Fuels Canada is currently undergoing a period of significant growth and as such, requires additional support within its Process Integrity Team. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their career within a high growth and dynamic international Energy company. With continued large scale investment and development within Canada the company now requires the appointment of a Process Integrity (SHEQ) Coordinator to support the western business in Greenergy and BG Canadian assets and operations. Although based in Western Canada this role will form part of the overall Process Integrity Team who are responsible for safety and compliance for North America.
The role will require frequent travel throughout Canada, and infrequent travel to the UK or other countries as required. At present, this will be a home based position located anywhere in Western Canada.
The purpose of the role is to be the Safety, Health & Environment advisor for all BG Fuels and Greenergy Canadian operations including retail forecourts, terminals and offices. To ensure the business implements Greenergy & BG standards, good SHE practice and remains compliant with both Provincial and National legislation.
The role includes but is not limited to the following activities:
· Providing the appropriate Health & Safety support to terminals in Canada.
· Providing the appropriate Health & Safety support to Greenergy Projects within Canada.
· Providing the appropriate Health & Safety support to BG fuel service stations within Canada.
· Conduct, review and maintain forecourt risk assessments.
· Conduct regular site inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety policies and legislation.
· Assist in Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Field Level Hazard Assessments (FLHA), weekly safety meetings and toolbox meetings.
· Take part in the weekly PI call and periodical PI face to face call.
· Conducting investigations of events, identifying root causes and sharing any learning with the wider business.
· Auditing, planning and conducting audits in line with Greenergy & BG standards/ National/Provincial legislation.
· Maintain a sound knowledge of legislative standards pertaining to your discipline
· Work and act in a professional manner in keeping with the Greenergy Respect Agenda and all other company standards and procedures.
· Identifying and communicating any training requirements to ensure continued level of expertise in your field.
· Mentor supervisors and employees on safety initiatives, hazard observations, behavioural based safety.
· Degree level educated or equivalent experience
· Previous experience in Health and Safety role required
· Experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and retail fuel stations and/or trucking would be considered an asset
· Availability to travel for business purposes
· Experience working within a team framework
· Must have a strong desire to continuously learn and work within a fast-paced environment
· Bilingualism would be considered an asset
· Fuel Quality knowledge would be considered an asset
· High level of initiative and an ability to work under minimal supervision or direction
· Strong Health, Safety and Environmental awareness
· Emergency Response experience and Standard First Aid certification
· OHSA knowledge for Western Canada provinces
· Outstanding communication skills in both written and spoken format.
· Outstanding organizational skills/ability to manage and track large amounts of information
· Risk assessments, applying and controlling safe system of work
· Understanding of Permit to work system
· Understanding of Change Management
· Human Factors knowledge
· IT Literate, MS office and Teams
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work items with minimum direction
· Ability to use appropriate knowledge, creativity and company practices to obtain solutions to complex problems.
· Proactive worker – does things before being forced to by events
· Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve outstanding results
· Thinks outside the normal parameters challenging traditional thinking
· Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution
Job Type: Full-time