About the Company
Giraffe Foods Inc. is a fast-paced Mississauga-based food company specializing in the development and manufacture of custom sauces, dips, dressings and beverage concentrates for Food Service, Retail and Industrial customers. Founded in 1997, Giraffe Foods is a privately-held business that is growing rapidly by delivering quality, consistency, service and value to all customers. With a GFSI Certified Food Safety program and Tier 2 Status with C-TPAT, Giraffe proudly ships products throughout North America and overseas.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment and machinery; Perform tasks including mechanical, electrical, controls, pneumatic, hydraulic, trouble shooting and repair of production machines and filling equipment. Performing Building maintenance drains blockage removal, water supply, door open assists, fire extinguishers & replace filters etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Completion of daily/weekly/monthly safety checks, PMs and performing routine plant monitoring and checks in accordance with maintenance schedules and record actions.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and perform repairs and preventative maintenance tasks on machinery, plant, and equipment including; controls, conveyor belt systems, material handling, industrial blenders, pumps and other plant systems by using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown to correct the problem.
- Work on building equipment such as drains blockage removal, water supply, door open assists, fire extinguishers, & replace filters etc.
- Update written and electronic records and as directed monitor work of contractors as required.
- Assist with ongoing management of inventory levels for critical replacement parts.
- Participate in staff development and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to work schedules consistent with the needs of the plant including on call flexibility to work evenings and weekends with production, plant, and warehouse teams to schedule maintenance tasks to limit production down times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Education, Experience & Competency Requirements:
- Certification as Millwright, familiar and experienced with electrical OR Certification as Industrial Electrician, familiar and experienced with Mechanical jobs OR Dual ticket.
- Basic hand tool experience required; previous working knowledge of pneumatic, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of the same.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Food Manufacturing Environment. Candidates should have familiarity with food plant equipment maintenance, mobile equipment, industrial blenders, filling equipment and conveyor belt systems.
- Experience in maintaining accurate and complete maintenance record documentation.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office particularly in Excel and Word, Data entry for CMMS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, with strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. English language skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
Interested candidates may apply on-line.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Required)
- Electricial: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Millwright (Required)
- Industrial Electricial (Preferred)