Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
One of our Canadian BBA offices, up to 70% of time spent at client sites.
We are seeking a process control expert who will serve as a technical leader on our Optimization and Advanced Control team. Your role will be to develop innovative advanced control strategies for our various clients in the industrial sector, to actively participate in promoting expertise and developing new technological solutions and also to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with our clients.
If you have an innovative spirit and use your technical leadership to make a real impact, you may just be the person we’re looking for!
More specifically, you will be required to:
Work Schedule :
- Perform technical audits and surveys.
- Analyze and test control algorithms and propose solutions to optimize them.
- Perform calculations and solve problems using a variety of known or innovative methods and techniques, and conduct comparative studies.
- Develop innovative solutions, analyze data and prepare reports.
- Serve as technical lead in optimization/process control and automation projects at various client sites.
- Design and commission control algorithms.
- Adjust PID loops and other types of controllers, such as fuzzy logic and predictive control.
- Identify control strategies and performance criteria to meet process needs.
- Contribute to all project phases, from canvassing to commissioning. Participate in analysis, development, testing and documentation.
- Be responsible for routine activities involving design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of process control solutions.
- Supervise commissioning work.
- Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives.
- Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
- Ability for team work and a genuine desire to work with team members
- Client-oriented and intellectually curious
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Committed to excellence and continuously seek ways to improve
- Creative and able to propose original solutions
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in process control or another discipline that includes relevant experience in process control.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in advanced control. A graduate degree in process control may offset lack of experience.
- Member in good standing of a provincial engineering association.
- Ability to prepare technical documents in English.
- Extensive knowledge in process control optimization, PID controls, implementation of controls in PLCs and distributed control systems, advanced control and performance assessment.
- Extensive knowledge in advanced control: predictive control (MPC), expert systems (fuzzy logic and others), special algorithms.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, in particular multivariate statistics.
- Have contributed to advanced control implementation projects in the industrial sector.
- Experience as a consultant.
- Asset: Hold networking knowledge.
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.