Title: Administrative assistant
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Type of Contract: Temporary full time - 7 months
Salary band: $31,669 - $39,586
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organization on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Regional Operations department.
You want to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network? You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization that makes a huge difference in the lives of Canadians here at home and abroad. What are you waiting for?
At the Canadian Red Cross, we help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience. We are committed to having an accessible, diverse, and inclusive work environment where people with all abilities, ethnicities, gender identities and expressions, nationalities, religions, and sexual orientations can reach their full potential. All qualified persons, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, women, veterans, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the effective, efficient daily operation of the Winnipeg office, including greeting and directing guests and callers at the reception desk. You will collaborate with the Senior Manager, Operations, Planning & Business Support to perform general and financial administrative tasks for Regional Operations and Programs within Manitoba.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Provide a high level of customer service and professionalism to all callers and visitors to the Winnipeg office; greet and direct all callers and visitors in a timely and courteous manner
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to the Winnipeg office including handling incoming/outgoing mail and couriers, ordering supplies, maintaining files, arranging/participating in program meetings, activities, travel, interviews etc.
- Fulfill required safety and security practices in opening, closing, and allowing access to the building.
- Train and supervise volunteers who support administrative functions
- Help oversee fleet vehicles , resolve issues and ensure regular maintenance as needed
- Support the coordination of facility service requirements as needed.
- Prepare, process, and track cash/credit card reports and bank deposits for general revenue, donations, and disaster appeals.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and ensure expenses and invoices are processed in a timely manner, complete monthly expense reallocations including postage and mileage
What we are looking for:
- Post secondary education in office administration or a related field, 1 to 3 years of job-related work experience, including managing and maintaining files, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated customer service, time management, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced office automation skills working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of many teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow policy directives.
- Current Standard/Emergency First Aid Certification or willingness to complete training.
- Valid provincial driver’s license.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
The Canadian Red Cross is an organization guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.