Location: Terraces on Seventh
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Business Services Manager and/or designate the Maintenance Manager is responsible for all maintenance requirements as they pertain to the efficient operation of the facility; all aspects of regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, environmental issues and fire and life safety. Retirement Concepts Development (RCD) will set out a program of small capital improvements, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs and will monitor the performance of this work. It is understood that the Business Services Manager; 1. Is responsible for the total operations and upkeep of the facility they are assigned. 2. Will have regular meetings with Maintenance Manager and will direct and prioritize the work with the Maintenance Manager, in order to keep operations at an optimum and safety for all residences.
Include but not limited to: Regular Maintenance, Repairs and Building Improvements:
1. Inspects operating condition of all equipment and logs information daily.
2. Inspects alarm, call, and security systems and logs information daily.
3. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
4. Schedules and supervises service work.
5. Ensures the safety of the building, equipment, staff and residents.
6. Complete general repairs to electrical, plumbing and other building components to your ability. 7. Sources and prices replacement or repair items.
8. Be available for emergency call-ins.
1. Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (Exterior and Interior).
2. Aids Housekeeping if requested.
3. Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests, and delivery people (i.e. snow clearing, debris, and leaves) with regard to the exterior of the building.
4. Oversees the pest control program.
5. Always maintains safe work and storage areas.
Fire & Life Safety:
1. Assist the Fire Safety Director in drills.
2. Maintains scheduled certification for fire systems.
3. Complies with fire regulations.
1. Focuses on preventative maintenance (foreseeing a problem, before it is a problem, eliminates the high cost of repair and personal stress)
2. Maintains a log entry of daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
3. Prioritize maintenance requests and scheduled work loads so the work will be performed in an efficient manner.
1. Clean, neat and washable clothing.
2. Rubber-soled, steel-toed safety shoes when needed.
1. A minimum of two years’ experience of general plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and gardening.
2. Knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
3. A basic knowledge of computer experience at a minimum; intermediate preferred.
4. One to two years Commercial painting experience preferred.
5. Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. A demonstrated ability to organize a schedule of maintenance and workload planning.
2. A demonstrated ability to maintain a checklist record of maintenance routines.
3. Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service.
4. Ability to take direction and learn Company policies and procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $21.17 /hour