*the job posting describes what tasks look like as a 310T Licensed Mechanic*
The apprentice will grow into this role.
- 310T Licensed Mechanic (or 3rd/4th year 310T Apprentice)
- position is also open to 310T licensed mechanics
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- maintenance and repair on our fleet of MACK trucks and CAT equipment.
In return, employees enjoy competitive wages, shift premium, pension plan, bonus plan, tool reimbursement plan, work wear provided, health & dental benefits, professional development opportunities, and a safe working environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a family-oriented company that is dedicated to empowering their employees.
Don’t wait to join this close-knit team; apply now and get started on your new path!
With easy access from QEW, St. Catharines is the perfect place if you're looking to relocate. There are plenty of festivals throughout the year, as well as a lively night time and cultural venues; new experiences are waiting for you around every corner.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Shift premium
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pension contributions
- Bonus reward program
- Boot allowance
- Tool allowance
- Safe and clean working environment
- Afternoon shift. (approx. 4 pm to 12.30 am) Average 44 hours per week approx.
- Registered 310T Truck and Coach Technician Apprentice (or 310 T Licensed)
- Valid G or DZ or AZ license required.
- Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience.
- Computer diagnostic experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Takes safety seriously and follows safe work practices - not short cuts!
- Solid knowledge of brakes and hydraulics repair.
- Knowledgeable about Electrical, Brakes,
- Diagnostic work on Mack, Cat, and Ford.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- inspections, repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and equipment.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
- Own tools required.
Find out more and apply with your resume by clicking APPLY on Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- truck coach: 2 years (Required)
- truck coach apprentice: 3 years (Preferred)
- St. Catharines, ON (Preferred)
- english (spoken and written) (Required)