Responsible for preparing pastries for up to 150 persons. Ensures the highest level of quality pastries for guests. Responsible for keeping the kitchen supplied, maintaining clean lines, and assisting the Executive Chef as much as possible. Maintains a high standard of cleanliness in kitchen. Checks stock rotation and that incoming food is stored properly.
Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role. It is very important to represent the company’s corporate image in an exemplary manner demonstrating superior performance. As a Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing Representative, his/her role will exemplify our brand image as an ambassador, and will provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
The company operates in the hospitality industry catering to an elite customer base. This is a highly competitive business in which consumer tastes change dramatically. Work flow is highly seasonal and requires a flexible and adaptive schedule. Our company is built on customer loyalty due to high levels of service and a superior image. We use a team sales approach with a very strong sales focus. In order to maintain this image we must constantly strive to improve our service and product to ensure we maintain a competitive edge.
Function & Tasks:
1. Provide guests with the highest quality of food and service.
2. Maintain a high standard of cleanliness of pastry work area and equipment.
3. Assists Pastry Chef as required.
4. Takes charge of pastry requirements when Pastry Chef has days off.
5. Daily baking of different bread’s ,cookies for the Saddle also help with prep for Breakfast (Danish Dough, Muffins, Nussgipfel, Gluten free bread’s and cookies
6. Follow all health and safety regulations and control all waste.
7. Cooperation - working jointly with others towards a common goal. Our goal is customer satisfaction.
8. Communicate all problems and / or ideas to your supervisor.
9. Be professional in everything you say and do.
10. Must be punctual for work shift.
11. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner within company policies.
12. May be called upon to perform other duties comparable to the above, as the aforementioned describes only the primary duties of the job.
1. Winter Season position based in Blue River, BC
2. University or College Diploma in a Culinary field preferred.
3. Certified Chef Designation preferred.
4. FoodSafe Certification and WHMIS required.
5. Two to three years’ experience in a similar position.
6. Must be able to frequently bend and kneel, lift moderate weight, and work on feet for an extended period of time.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Willing to work a variety of day and weekend shifts.
10. Attributes include energetic personality, punctuality, and good grooming standards.
1. This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
2. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
3. Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
4. Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
5. Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances
Benefits of employment include
- Subsidized staff accommodation in private room or residence
- Season completion bonus
- Staff rate for on-site massage therapy
- Family and friends’ discounts
- Opportunities to ski for free
- Complementary recreation opportunities such as cross-country skiing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and hiking
- In-house training and development programs prior to season start
- Numerous volunteer opportunities within the community
- Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops, Jasper and Vernon
- Staff meal plan
- 30 % off retail items in our world class boutique
- Guaranteed adventure!