The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Senior Program Controls Manager/Scheduling-Transit Rail
Jacobs provides industry leadership in Transit and Rail Program Management. For nearly a decade, we have served in a lead role with one of the most ambitious transit expansion programs in North America and the largest public investment in Canadian history. Together with our Partners, we provide a myriad of technical, strategic, innovative and programmatic solutions all for the benefit of the communities where we live and work.
Our team is seeking a Senior Program Controls Manager-Transit Rail to work with major transit and rail clients/stakeholders to deliver a major rail and transit infrastructure program that will ultimately connect communities and commuters. The program comprises several multi-billion-dollar projects and packages.
The Senior Program Controls Manager Transit/Rail’s duties will include the following:
- Serve as a thought-leader and innovator in program and project controls.
- Provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for assigned projects in support of the planning and execution of operational requirements.
- Provide leadership on strategic initiatives within a department or project team. Provide advice and counsel to teams or individuals in all areas of professional expertise.
- Accountable to the Director of Program Controls with matrix responsibility to the Directors of the various projects and departmental groups. Provide the client accurate project controls information in line with meeting program and project goals.
- Create, implement, and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast for cost and delivery timeframes for active and developing projects.
- Successfully manage the relationships between the project controls functions including estimating, scheduling, cost control, risk management, and reporting for the program, projects and departmental process development and implementation.
- Resolve issues and provide consistency between the cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating functions and deliverables.
- Establish and effectively leverage cross-discipline relationships within the departmental groups or project leadership teams to facilitate the development and implementation of effective and efficient project controls systems, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with applicable external entities such as stakeholders, external partners, contractors, subcontractors, and other suppliers.
- Represent project controls at project strategy coordination meetings.
- Interact with clients, establish relationship and articulate project wide issues
The requirements for the position of Senior Program Controls Manager Transit/Rail include:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field.
- Minimum of 20 years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in the Management of Project Controls on large projects.
- Transportation project experience and specifically transit experience is a plus.
Project Delivery Knowledge
- Experience required across all project delivery methods, including Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and Public Private Partnerships/ AFP delivery.
- Can apply the principles of project controls to cost control, planning/scheduling, estimating, document management, risk assessment, contract administration, report development and business system integration.
- Demonstrate effective leadership in the execution of project controls activities.
- Experience in staffing, resource planning and staff development.
- Ability to influence and advise client staff and peers
- Can effectively communicate concerns, complexities, general project controls information and other considerations to varied audiences including clients, departmental management, engineering, project and construction management, and project teams.
- Can define and prepare accurate and meaningful reports, narratives, letters and memorandum which clearly communicate status, issues or other concerns on behalf of the program controls department.
- Can effectively manage and communicate with staff to organize and motivate them.
Terms of Employment:
- Proficient with spreadsheets, word processing software, databases and report writers.
- Knowledgeable on business systems and the interdependencies of these systems with program controls. Experience with specialized controls tools such as P6, CM14, Unifier, Ecosys, and ARM is an asset
- Can define the strategy, deployment, and modification of program and project controls systems as appropriate to support project-specific execution requirements.
- Can implement and effectively use company and industry-standard project controls systems.
Full Time- 40 hours/ week
Location of Work:
10 Bay Street, Suite 1300, Toronto, ON M5J 2R8
Medical, dental, vision, disability, sick time, health spending account, life and AD&D insurance, RRSP employee match up to 3.5%, association/license fees, vacation 25 days
$290,000-$310,000 per annum based on a 40-hour work week.
Eligible for bonuses and annual salary increases.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.