Apprentice Mechanic Job Opportunity- Full Time
Autovalue Hyundai is looking to add to our service team. This is a great opportunity to start, or continue your apprenticeship training in a dealership environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following;
Qualifications and Duties:
- Registration with the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities
- 1-2 years of Automotive Apprentice experience an asset, not required.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with cars
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Must have own tools
- Strong communication skills- Verbal and Writing ability.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Identifies necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Math ability- Including Estimates and cost of repairs.
- Reasoning Ability- using common sense to carry out and understand instructions, use technical manuals, etc.
- Performs vehicle repairs and maintenance
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission services, air conditioning diagnosis/repair, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight/tail light installations, etc....
- Documents services performed.
- Performs services efficiently and according to dealership guidelines.
- Follows dealership and manufacturer service guidelines.
- Requests necessary parts.
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training, has the ability to maintain School obligations- apprenticeship.
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Provincial and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Physical demands, ability to lift up to/and beyond (50) pounds.
- Other duties as assigned
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits participation
- Opportunities for training
- Team-oriented working environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions or disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed primarily in the service area. Work includes movement around vehicles, working in various physical positions, and the safe operation of power tools and test equipment. May be exposed to loud noise, vibration, exhaust fumes, and other service and repair conditions. Frequently interacts with customers, service advisors and the service manager.
Core Values, Teamwork, Trust, Respect, Integrity, Honesty, Diversity, Accountability, Commitment to Continuous Improvement.
We would like to thank all candidates who show interest and apply, however only those continuing in the selection will be contacted.
Job Type: Apprenticeship Full-Time
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Auto Mechanic: 2 years (Preferred)