Manitobah Mukluks is an Indigenous-owned Canadian company that produces authentic mukluks, moccasins and accessories. Recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest growing companies for 5 years in a row and named in the Top 150 Most Iconic Canadian Brands, Manitobah products can be found in 50 countries and over 1,000 retail outlets. Our vision is to build a vibrant, global brand that makes a significant impact in Indigenous Communities through community initiatives, education and mentorship opportunities.
Manitobah Mukluks is seeking a Temporary Retail Manager to oversee the daily operations of the store, ensuring your team provides exceptional customer service, and supporting of a temporary retail pop-up shop at CF Toronto Eaton Centre for the duration of 4-6 months.
If you’re friendly, energetic and enjoy talking to people, we want to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaching and motivating your team to inspire top performance and an exceptional customer & brand experience
- Recommend, merchandise based on customer needs and desires and assist customers to try the products.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, customer service, visual merchandising, and store operations
- Recruits and trains Warmth Ambassadors for the location
- Managing staff schedule and payroll for your location
- Enhance brand loyalty by empowering team to create natural, personable experiences for customers (create a feeling of warmth, inclusivity and community within your location)
- Ensures all merchandise is properly ticketed and displayed accordingly
- Communicates stock replenishment needs to District Manager
- Manages administrative systems & procedures effectively (comply with company policies)
- Ensures store operates within its budget
- Is responsible for adherence to loss prevention and security policies, credit procedures (ex. credit and debit cards, employee purchases, discounts, deposits, returns and exchanges)
- Oversee the set up/ tear down of retail locations
- Additional store manager duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience in management
- Completion of high school, post secondary considered an asset
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated and driven with a focus for excellent customer service
- Flexible availability – days, evenings and weekends.
- Incredibly focused on customer & brand experience
- An experienced retail leader who is able to motivate, train and coach others to succeed
- Able to stand for extended periods, climb a ladder and to move and handle boxes of merchandise (weighing up to 30 pounds) and fixtures throughout the store
Qualified Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged* to apply and to self-declare.*
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)