Providing supports to adults with developmental disabilities, complex behaviours, and mental illness. Join us in helping persons with disabilities live and participate in the community!
- Community Disability Practitioner
- Community Support Worker
- Relief Workers
Why IA ?
- Non-institutional Environment.
- Flexible Hours (weekends, weekdays, days and nights).
- Comprehensive Benefits (LTD, Health and Dental, EAP etc.) for eligible staff.
- Opportunity for Advancement.
- On-site Training
- Work independently and within a team with individuals who require support on a 24 hour basis. Level of needs of the individuals will differ from person to person, so the staff member must be adaptable to their specific needs.
- Build a supportive, professional relationship with the individual and their support network/significant others.
- Assist individuals to create and maintain a network of supports, with an emphasis on natural supports that they can access.
- Maximize the individual's level of independence.
- Ensure the utmost confidentiality at all times.
- Be aware and implement various forms of communication with the individual.
- Increase awareness for available services and resources to the individual, assist in accessing them.
- Assist with the individual's concerns and needs not identified in the individual's plan as they arise.
- Monitor competence in self and assisting the individual's.
- Be familiar with the policies and procedures manual on a continual basis.
- Adhere to agency Code of Ethics and Agreement of Confidentiality.
- Be familiar with the individuals’ service and care plans, planned positive approaches, and restrictive procedure documents and how to implement.
- Be responsible for the quality of service offered to the individuals under your care.
- Increasing inclusion in the community.
- Role model and teach life skills.
- Be aware of health practices and increase your awareness about issues that may be detrimental to the individual's well-being.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Increasing knowledge pertaining to the individuals’ legal rights and responsibilities; teach this to the individuals where possible.
- Perform a high level of personal care for the individual(s) with dignity respect and privacy at all times.
- Use safety and approved transfer techniques. E.g. Mechanical lifts where required as per policy.
Job Title Synonyms: Community Support Worker, Care Giver, Community Resource Practitioner, Outreach Worker, Disability Support Worker, Crisis Intervention Worker, Rehabilitation Services Coordinator, Case Worker
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour