POSITION: Assistant Retail Store Manager
REPORTS TO: Retail Store Manager
HOURS: Full Time Hourly, 40 hours per week, open availability required with ability to work evenings & weekends.
They say it takes a village to raise a little one. Here at Snuggle Bugz, we are excited to be that village for new parents navigating those first stages of parenthood. Currently we are missing a critical link (aka YOU) and seeking a candidate armed with passion and the ability to jump in and provide leadership to our retail talent.
Our Assistant Retail Store Manager is a pivotal leadership role within our Snuggle Bugz Stores. They are a full-time leader and will have a focused expertise in one of our two sides of the business: Nestled (Furniture) or Snuggle Bugz (Gear). Our Assistant Retail Store Manager supports their Retail Store &/or Retail General Manager in creating a high level of Customer service, floor leadership, development of Retail Sales Advisors, and maintenance of the company’s Core Values.
Our Assistant Retail Store Manager is accountable to store KPIs, maintaining visual and operational standards, and leading by example for company processes. They are able to balance, floor leadership, administrative tasks, coaching, and sales on each shift while working with their Retail Store Manager to ensure they are creating an engaging and rewarding environment of accountability.
- Opening / Closing Store /Cashing out – balancing daily transactions
- Managing Leadership POS functions (overrides, returns, resolution for customer service issues)
- Floor Leadership – driving team to achieve daily KPIs & complete daily tasks
- Organizing weekly cash deposits
- Supporting Weekly/Monthly Operations & Product Calls
- Executing company processes
- Lead by example for company standards: Customer Service, Personal Presentation, Processes
- Managing Retail Sales Advisors
- Supporting interviewing/hiring process
- Supporting & executing onboarding/training of Talent
- Coaching & Motivating Talent
- Supporting RSM/GM with administrative paperwork which accompanies the above
- Supporting the resolution of Talent issues
- Supporting the organising/receiving/execution of shipments
- Ensure replenishment is taking place
- Managing Recalls & Informing HQ and Talent all steps have been taken
- Supporting Store Allocation Process
- Maintaining Store Visual Standards & Executing VCOMMs/Resets
- Managing promotions & store window and in-store signage
- Supporting annual inventory counts
- Supporting Cycle Count process
- Special Orders – ensuring pick ups/deliveries and closure of these orders are maintained
- Aware & a part of local Mom groups who influence our Friends
- Support & Execution of Confidence Events
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment
- Charismatic, energetic person
- Customer Service experience (Min 3 years)
- Proven Leadership experience (Min 2 years)
- Understanding of Retail KPIs (Sales/ADS/Email Capture/Labour Hours/Budgets)
- Highly motivated, charismatic, energetic
- Great Communicator (expected to communicate with Friends, Peers & Managers)
- Proven history of working with a team & taking on a leadership role
- Ability to be on their feet for 6 to 8-hour shifts
- Ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs
- Self-Starter – ability to understand and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Min of 2 years of cash handling experience
- Comfort with Point of Sale (POS)
- Comfort & Understanding of MS Office programs (Excel & Outlook a must)
- Comfort & Awareness of Social Media channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- NOTE: Combo locations who house our Nestled Furniture Showroom, will have an ARSM dedicated to this understanding of the product and process associated with this Snuggle Bugz Brand. Background in Furniture, home design and decor is an asset.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in working for a company with an outstanding culture and work environment, please submit your cover letter along with resume.
Snuggle Bugz provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, available on request during all aspects of selection process.
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing/share options
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)