Reporting to Director of School Program, Day Treatment Worker will join the Youthdale Section 23 classrooms located our Re-Entry Live-In Program. The Youthdale school programs are a collaborative partnership with the Near North District School Board. As an integral member of a Day Treatment school team, school staff ensure a safe, positive and therapeutic milieu with the goal of assisting students in the development of both the necessary academic/learning skills and appropriate social/emotion behaviour’s so that reintegration into a community school system can be successfully achieve.
Accountability : This position reports directly to: Director of School Program.
Position Status: Full Time
Job location: Magnetawan ,ON (near to Parry Sound, North Bay and Huntsville)
- Fosters positive interpersonal relationships with the staff, residents, visitors, outside agencies, government officials and related professional associations.
- Maintains and adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Attends work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Policies
- Contribute to an environment conducive to positive learning.
- Plan and implement therapeutic activities that promote optimal functioning, the development of prosocial/interpersonal skills, life skills and adaptive coping skills.
- Develop, implement, monitor and revise both group and individual treatment and academic programs.
- Work in partnership with team members to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) and Plans of Care (POC’s) for students.
- Communicate with parents/guardians, residential staff, CIFT and host school administration.
- Work collaboratively with The Board of Education to ensure seamless coordination of care.
- Attend therapeutic and academic meetings and facilitate group meetings.
- Provide effective counselling with students.
- Keep detailed records, document daily progress, evaluate goals in logs, and follow agency guidelines for documentation of incident reports and serious occurrence reporting.
- Maintain open communication with Director of Day Treatment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have Child & Youth Worker (CYW) diploma, Developmental Support Worker (DSW) or Social Service Worker (SSW) diploma or degree/diploma in related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in children’s mental health.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to establish partnerships.
- Sound knowledge and/or experience in the mental health field and an ability to manage the emotional and behavioral needs of clients.
- Developed skills in problem solving, critical thinking and organization.
- An ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team; understanding of group dynamics, role-play, behavior management techniques and the nature of Day Treatment.
- An ability to support a youth in an educational environment.
- A strong understanding of learning disabilities
- Effective counselling skills
- Valid Safe Management Group certification and CPR/First Aid.
ABOUT YOUTHDALE TREATMENT CENTRES*
Youthdale (*www.youthdale.ca*) provides comprehensive, integrated mental health services to children and their families, connecting them with the right programs and services, both at Youthdale and in their communities. We meet the complex needs of children and youth with a team of highly skilled and dedicated psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists and neuropsychologists, social workers, nurses, and child and youth workers.
At Youthdale, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. Youthdale is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply with your cover letter and an updated resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations