Cassidy + Company is an Architectural Design firm located in Ajax, Ontario, approx. 30 minutes from Toronto’s downtown core. Cassidy + Company is a multi-disciplinary firm of designers, technologists, manager’s and coordinators that has provided design services to the land development and home building industry for more than 32 years. Our client base includes some of the most prominent land developers and new home builders in the GTA and Ontario.
We are currently looking for an experienced designer to join our busy practice. The successful candidate will be a creative self-starter who can design and manage the design process from start to finish. Our current projects include community developments of townhouses, stack townhouses, semis, single family, luxury homes, and private custom residences.
- Report to and take direction from the Principal and Associates.
- Prepare architectural designs, floor plans and elevations for new home projects.
- Manage design timelines to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare site plan concepts, layouts.
- Analyze marketing direction to create a design program that meets the client’s needs, including model sizes, architectural style, materials, and budget constraints/opportunities.
- Co-ordinate the designs with project managers and drafting staff as they relate to the design fulfillment and compliance with OBC and applicable by-laws.
- Create design sketches and final designs in freehand form and ACAD, quickly for concept review, presentation to clients and general illustration.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants and Municipal staff.
- Make presentations to the client throughout the design development process.
- Site reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Architect or Architectural Technologist with appropriate accreditation.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in Low-rise residential design.
- Good working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, primarily Part 9.
- Experience with Municipal By-Laws and related applicable law.
- Knowledge of wood frame house construction.
- Experience with working drawings (preferred).
- BCIN House and/or Small buildings (preferred).
- Creative experience and understanding of historical, traditional, modern and contemporary housing design.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including effective use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience using AutoCAD.
SALARY: Cassidy and Co offers a competitive salary, with benefits program. The successful applicant’s salary will be established based on experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter (with confidence) as well as a portfolio of work.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Please, no recruitment agencies).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Low-rise residential design: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19