Mill Ridge, a local golf course in Chester, NS is currently seeking a Seasonal Gardener to assistant in the landscape maintenance operations of the golf course for the 2020 season.
The Gardener under the direction of the golf course superintendent, is responsible for the daily activities involved with all golf course garden maintenance. This position is best suited for an energetic individual that enjoys manual labour as well as working outdoors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants
- Deadheading, weeding and watering gardens
- Moving materials (river rock, soils, mulches, sod etc..) manually as well as with wheelbarrows, carts
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds
- Must be physically able to complete daily tasks
- Be aware of surroundings at all times
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Ensure safety of fellow employees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgment and action
- Basic knowledge of flowers and plants, their needs and how to care for them
- Knowledge of gardening tasks is preferred (pruning, planting, digging holes, weed control, etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
Mill Ridge offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract