At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
AVP, Group Actuary
In this role you would be responsible for providing technical actuarial support to the Group Insurance Division. This includes providing technical solutions and expertise to the business to support pricing, financial reporting, business planning, sales and advisor compensation, as well as ad hoc data requests.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Completion of weekly, month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reporting tasks
- Development and maintenance of a complex tool that supports the annual business planning process
- Development and maintenance of complex tools that support the reporting of sales, profitability, retention and discounting measures, which forms the basis of sales compensation
- Pricing analysis as well as development and maintenance of tools to support Group pricing
- Become the resident expert on the Group Data Mart (an SQL database) to support a multitude of data requests
- Completion of external surveys
- Advanced Excel, SQL, MS Access and Visual Basic
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication skills – Ability to communicate with sales staff and their leaders on issues pertaining to sales and profitability measures
- Solid knowledge of the group insurance business
- Familiarity with BMS (the Group Administration system)
- Understanding of actuarial principles, as it relates to pricing and financial reporting
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.