ProjectLine Solutions sells, implements and supports ERP software for small to mid-size businesses across Canada. We believe putting people first is the best way to make technology work for them. This people-first approach is our guiding principle, helping us rank as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies on the Growth 500 five years in a row.
The System Administrator uses their technical knowledge and ability to design, implement and maintain IT solutions that support ProjectLine's internal systems and our private-cloud hosting line of business. The System Administrator ensures that these solutions are highly available, backed up, patched, secured and monitored.
Nature of Work:
The System Administrator supports and administers Windows and Linux systems in both physical and virtual infrastructure. This includes management of servers, laptops, switches, firewalls, storage and backup systems. In addition, this role requires the ability to prioritize ongoing tasks while responding to a variety of unplanned time-sensitive support activities with each solution requiring a high level of detail and careful planning. From time to time this role will require evening and weekend work.
This position is eligible for a remote or hybrid work arrangement.
- Maintain and operate Windows and Linux systems, including deployment, configuration, testing, upgrades, patching, performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting to ensure all systems are reliable and secure.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and vendors, providing both professional and technical feedback.
- Develop, maintain and execute technical checklists and documentation to create repeatable processes across the team.
- Implement best practices in cyber security to protect data and reduce risk.
- Monitor and maintain endpoint protection technologies.
A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- In-depth knowledge of administrating Microsoft Windows servers and domains.
- Expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Networking, switching, firewalls and VPNs (per-user and site-to-site)
- Management of Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services and MFA (Azure, Duo)
- Administration of cloud computing resources (AWS, Azure and Office 365)
- Backup system, data recovery and operations (MS DPM, Commvault, snapshots)
- Administration of physical servers and laptops
- Virtualization Technologies (AWS, Hyper-V)
- Database administration (MS SQL, SAP HANA)
- SAN storage architecture and operations (Pure Storage, iSCSI)
- Experience managing mission-critical infrastructure and ERP systems
- Supporting the technology needs of a geographically diverse and hybrid workforce
- Detailed and methodical
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized individual
- Effective task prioritization and time management
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
- system administration: 5 years (required)
Application deadline: 2022-08-31