Job Number: 77835
Job: Health Professional/Assistant
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 52.0400 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 66.7200
Post Date: Aug 14, 2019, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Ongoing
The Acquired Brain Injury Program is part of the Rehabilitation and is located at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre.
As a member of the health care team, the Psychologist will provide services for acquired brain injury patients in both a fee for service environment and an outpatient clinic. Responsibilities will involve neuropsychological assessment, diagnosis and treatment. This includes preparation of treatment plans, scripts and reports; provision for expert consultation to other health care professionals regarding diagnosis and treatment strategies; provisions of psychological services to clients with post-concussive syndrome, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and with cognitive and behavioural issues. The position also involves program development, research and teaching responsibilities.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday; days
This position is temporary until August 2020.
1. Ph.D. in psychology with a strong background in biological psychology and/or neurosciences
2. Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists in Ontario
3. Previous experience in conducting cognitive-behavioural and behavioural approaches to the treatment of psychological disorders and rehabilitation
4. Experience in preparing applications to granting agencies (includes scholarships and research grants)
5. Knowledge of both battery and process approaches to neuropsychological assessment and interpretation
6. Ability to apply principles of behaviour modification
7. Ability to supervise staff including behaviour therapists, psychometrists, and rehabilitation therapists
8. Eligible for a part-time faculty appointment with the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences at McMaster University
9. Excellent leadership, teaching and written and oral communication skills
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement