We are looking for a Web Developer to augment our software team. The candidate must be able to code on the server side. The position will be Part-time to start with a view to Full-time within 3- 6 months. The position can be located in either Calgary or Red Deer, AB.
We are looking for someone who believes in the value of this company and is looking to build something with a great team that will disrupt the industry. You will need to have a future outlook as performance-based share options are part of the right candidate's long-term remuneration.
We are looking for someone who is willing and able to travel immediately for a condensed development session with the team. You must be able to travel for an extended period of time in excess of 4 weeks.
To be considered, the applicant's resume should show experiencesupporting most of the following criteria:
- Critical Thinking - Ability to think creatively and unconventionally. Typical solutions don't always cut it. Innovation and imagination go a long way.
- Must have PHP experience with a focus on OOP and/or MVC
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience producing code that satisfies business rules. We are looking for more than submitting forms.
- Unit testing using PHPUnit or equivalent.
Must have experience with MySQL and databases:
- 3+ years experience developing with SQL databases.
- Familiarity with altering and creating database tables.
- Writing complex queries including multiple join statements.
- Creating and optimizing queries, including employment of indexes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
Thorough understanding of software design:
- Able to produce code that others can read and understand
- Foresight for future expansion and scalability
- Security, Security, Security and Security
- Debugging and refactoring
Must have some experience with:
- Linux/Unix experience
- Mathematics, statistics and data analysis
Nice to have:
- NodeJS or similar event-driven server-side software development.
- HTML5 or Adobe Flash experience
Job Type: Part-time
- We will consider recent graduates, but would prefer some experience to partner with the Sr. team: 3 years
Job Type: Part-time
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AngularJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- ReactJS: 1 year (Preferred)